cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart MasterCard Approved...very low CL?

tag
lakelife16
New Contributor

Walmart MasterCard Approved...very low CL?

Approved for the Walmart MC with just around 700 TU. $800 SL, I thought at first it was the store card. My other lowest limit card is $1000 ranging up to $6000. Two dismissed BK's from years ago but otherwise clean. Would a CL increase be hard? How should I go about? Thanks.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Walmart MasterCard Approved...very low CL?

Try calling credit solutions.  I was just approved for the SAMs club mc for $4500.  Called credit solutions and got my cl bumped tom$25k.  Good luck!

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 2 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Call CS for sure

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 10
lakelife16
New Contributor

Talked to Credit Solutions and they said no increase!!! My lowest limit card is $1000 with another bank. I'm surprised based on what I see on here with the success people having asking CS for s better limit. Any suggestions? First card with Synchrony.
Message 4 of 10
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Synchrony relies heavily on your score, it’s almost like it is tiered. As it goes up, so will your CLI’s. What is your TU FICO? The fact that you got the MC version is a good thing. Most start out with a Store Card.

Never mind I just re-read your original post. Give it a week or 2 and let the new account report and then try again. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 5 of 10
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

@lakelife16 wrote:
Talked to Credit Solutions and they said no increase!!! My lowest limit card is $1000 with another bank. I'm surprised based on what I see on here with the success people having asking CS for s better limit. Any suggestions? First card with Synchrony.

I think since it's your first card with them, they may want to see some history.....

Get some use and try again a couple months. Smiley Happy

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 6 of 10
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@lakelife16 wrote:
Approved for the Walmart MC with just around 700 TU. $800 SL, I thought at first it was the store card. My other lowest limit card is $1000 ranging up to $6000. Two dismissed BK's from years ago but otherwise clean. Would a CL increase be hard? How should I go about? Thanks.

Lake, my starting CL on my Wally MC was $450. 1 1/2 years later it is at 15k. My cl was a auto after 2 months, and then I used luv button every 4 months after that. Good Luck

Message 7 of 10
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! Don't worry about your SL, it will grow very fast!

Message 8 of 10
lakelife16
New Contributor

Thanks everyone! I'll do as you all suggest and hopefully once they get to know me and a couple billing cycles go by they'll be more trusting!! 🙂
Message 9 of 10
dave36021
Regular Contributor

Me and my wife both got the Walmart card with low starting limits, use it and it will grom mine is only up to 850 after getting a 400 SL and have had thecard for 9 months I have recieved two smalle CLI. Now the wifes card started with 500 and she is now at 1700 and has a lowe FICO score then me. All her increases have been auto, we have tried using the Luv button with them and no luck. use tha card and it will grow

Back In the Garden since 6/5/2016

My Fico Scores: EQ:639 EX:665 TU:651

AU: Comenity/Bealls FL 930; Capital One 300 ;
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.