Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Store Approved!

tag
beezer32
Regular Contributor

Walmart Store Approved!

Decided to go for the Walmart store card since I shop there a lot and am in the middle of a rebuild. At time of app FICO-8 was 630 (Experian) and I was approved instantly for $700. I am VERY grateful to step into a Sync card! My first one. Even more grateful to be approved with a lower FICO-8. Just some documented hope for others searching for the probility of getting approved with a similar profile as mine. =)

PS: Should I call to recon the limit? Or should I just be happy with their graciousness?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
fullstackdev
Frequent Contributor

Re: Walmart Store Approved!

Congrats on the approval! I was unable to get an increase out of Synchrony before my TU crossed 680.
Mar 2017: EQ 733 80 INQ | TU 768 42 INQ | EX 755 80 INQ || AMEX PRG | AMEX BGR | USAA Rewards VS $17K | USAA NAMF AMEX $15K | SECU Visa $10K | Cap1 V1 (AU) $45.75K | AMEX BCE (AU) $10K | Marvel MC $25K | Walmart MC $10K | Freedom $12.2K | USAA Cash Rewards VS $18K | Walmart SC $25K | PENFED CR $9K | AMEX EDP $24K | Banana Republic SC $10K | MECU $10K | Amazon SC $25K | Barclays Apple Rewards $10K | J. Crew $13.6K | Cap1 PlayStation $3K | Cap1 QS1 $2.6K | Business: AMEX Green NPSL | AMEX SimplyCash $2K | AMEX Blue for Business $3K | Cap1 Spark Visa $7.5K | Amazon Rev. $2.5K | Amazon PIF (No PG) $1K | Walmart (No PG) $2.5K | Chase Marriott Business $30K | Chase Ink $14K
Message 2 of 12
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the AMZN card too!!!

Message 4 of 12
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congratulations! When I started my rebuild I got the Walmart store card with the same limit. At the time that was my highest CL in 2011. Treat it right and your credit journey will have many more successful approvals!
Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a SP so not an issue if you try

Congrats.... treat them well and you will be rewarded well
Message 6 of 12
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

GOOD APPROVAL! Enjoy that $$$
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval...Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.