Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Store Card Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart Store Card Approval

I have been working on my credit. I was very scared to apply for Walmart CC. They just built a new Super Center down the street that opens this Wednesday. After reading many reviews last night I woke up and decided to go ahead and apply. I was approved for $600.00. I am very happy!!! I immediatly got a notification from CK inquire -4 TU only. Now I want to try for a clothing store card (thinking Old Navy) but I am scared.
13 REPLIES 13
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Store Card Approval

Congrats

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!!!
Message 3 of 14
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations! If you were approved for a Walmart store card, you may just be approved for another store card, if your scores are above 630 or so. However, it seems that most people on this forum would suggest that you limit the amount of store cards and try for more prime cards once your scores support such. Best Wishes!
Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. Yes I think I am going to just be happy with my Walmart approval and continue to work on my credit. I am preparing to buy a house next year.
Message 5 of 14
elim
Senior Contributor

Agree with other poster... the next 2 cards you apply for should be Bank cards.

Try Chase prequal, Amex prequal and Cap1 prequal now.

report back

edit: forgot the Congrats!  also a side note... I was approved for a Walmart store card in April of 14' (was my first of a 4 card spree - 2 store/2 Bank) for $150. Within a year it was 10k. Useful card to me.

Message 6 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats Op, its a wonderful start. You will see with proper care, itll grow like wildfireSmiley Wink. Anytime you need some more pointed suggestions, remember to add abit more info on your profile and the Ficoteers will help guide you on some great suggestions for your current scores. Best of luck on your continued journeySmiley Happy
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I already have a Navy Federal Awards Card.  Glad to know Walmart can go up so quickly.   I think I am done with CC for about 10 months.

Quesiton: How do I add my info (credit score and cards I have) to the bottom?? 

Message 8 of 14
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you. I already have a Navy Federal Awards Card.  Glad to know Walmart can go up so quickly.   I think I am done with CC for about 10 months.

Quesiton: How do I add my info (credit score and cards I have) to the bottom?? 

type it in the box here...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile%3Apersonal-info

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great News! Congrats on your new card and SL! Enjoy and use it wisely.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.