Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Store Card Approval

tag
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Walmart Store Card Approval

After reading one of the posters from yesterday, I decided to step out from the garden to see if I would be approved for a Walmart Store Card since I go there about once a month and stock up on house items and things.  

After submitting my app, I received a message back instructing me to call them for verification.  I did what was asked and I was approved for $500.  A lot of people would say that's low, (which it is) but I am on year two of rebuilding my credit.  I'll take it!  

They nabbed my CR from Transunion and they immediately docked me one point, which is okay.  Now, I am officially back in the garden until the end of 2019.  

March 2024: Experian 762; Equifax 767; Transunion 769

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 04/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (2) Trans: (1) Equif: (1)

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart Store Card Approval

Congrats on your approval....it will grow....use it and pay it....keep up the good work!!

Message 2 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations OP. The SL is great. Gotta start somewhere plus it's an approval and it will definitely grow.
Message 3 of 13
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey OP! Congratulations it will grow certainly. Use it and keep it paid. I started with walmart and a $400 SL in I think 11/2017 or 3/2018, I cant remember as I went on sprees those 2 months. Either way by 11/2018 I raised it to $3k even though I hadn't used it the last 3 or 4 months of that window. I'm sure they could habe gave more as Jc Penny gave me $6k and I started with $100 SL and only ised that card once. Synchrony is pretty good with giving some high limits if you treat them right. Congrats again!
Message 5 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yes, it will grow nicelySmiley Happy CongratsSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!

Message 7 of 13
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Congrats, OP!!👏👏👏

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 8 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats, Marty

Walmart CLIs can be requested every 4 months (121 days).

Message 9 of 13
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:
Congrats, Marty

Walmart CLIs can be requested every 4 months (161 days).

Now I understand why you don't amex. 4 months is 120 days.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.