Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Store Card Auto Increase $3K to $6K

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart Store Card Auto Increase $3K to $6K

After not using this card $3k limit card for a couple of years, I got this snailmail today. I prefer to use a mileage or hotel awards card, so I won't be using much, but the CLI is a nice little UT cushion:

"Congratulations, you deserve it.

As a valued Walmart Credit Cardholder, we're pleased to reward you with a higher credit limit. Your credit line increase is automatic, and you don't have to do anything.

Your credit limit has been increased to $6,000."

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart Store Card Auto Increase $3K to $6K

They're trying to make you spend some $$ lol, Congrats!!!
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice increase! Now the guilt of not using.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha I can hear them now, lets increase his limit that will make him spend

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It really is odd sometimes, their decisions. I could see doubling it if you spent close to the limit several times an paid it. But to never use it?

If I never use it at 3K, doubtful even more so at 6K. Or even higher, the most I ever spend at Wally's is $200 in one visit.

As previously mentioned there are other more rewarding cards to use. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. I can't get mine to move at all. The rewards are lackluster at 1% in store, so it's in the queu to possibly close and just use a regular better cashback cc. It served it purpose and got me started back with Synch. If you do more dot com orders then it has more value imho.

Message 6 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Years of no use and auto increase? This will probably be right before they close it. Op, congrats but can you tell us actually how long you have not used this card?. Plenty of recent post concerning Wally shutting down for lack of use. Thank you.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Years of no use and auto increase? This will probably be right before they close it. Op, congrats but can you tell us actually how long you have not used this card?. Plenty of recent post concerning Wally shutting down for lack of use. Thank you.

Sorry for the late response. Been getting the lawn and flowerbeds prepped for a long hot Summer. Tiring but gratifying work.

Let's see, checking my spreadsheet, (keep a running tally of date opened, % int, CL, rewards, and so on. It's not fancy, but generally works for me), I got the card in Sept 2015, with a starting balance of $150. No amount of begging could make them raise it. I used some advise here and charged a little each month, PIF before statement. In Dec 2015, I asked for a CL to buy Xmas gifts (not true, but they were happy to oblige) and got an increase to $3K. I did buy some staples in Dec/Jan (shampoo, gas, hygiene stuff, etc.) totalling about $200-$300 and PIF.

Advise on this board was to go back to them for $10k, but I chickened out and never did it. Sometime in Summer of 2016, I used the card in-store "just because" as I was buying gardening supplies (annuals, perennials, compost, mulch, fertilizer, hose, sprayer, and so on.) They are right across the street from Home Depot and had better prices of what I needed, so I "rewarded" them with my business. PIF again.

That's the last time I used it. So about 18 months in the sock drawer. BTW, I have used it since the CL as I suspected I might have been on the cusp of closure what with the crazy stuff I've read Synchrony doing on here. So about once a month I use it to fuel the car or by hygiene stuff, just to keep them sweet.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.