cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart approval. Experian hard pull.

tag
aircobra
Regular Contributor

Re: Walmart approval. Experian hard pull.

@Anonymous wrote:
I hate having to do hard inquires on my EX being that it is my highest score and I depend on it for approvals. I hate being limited to applying only at places that only check EX but....of you saw my EQ and TU inquiries you would pray for me. Over 60 between the 2 of them and only about 12 of those resulted in accounts opened. That was before I found you guys on myfico though...my new family.

You should consider gardening for the next 6-12 months then. It is never a good idea to rely on one credit report to apply for cards. Let the inquiries age and your scores should even themselves out.

Currently rebuilding:
1/18 -
7/19 -

Message 11 of 16
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Synchrony will pull EX most of the time for their Synchrony Financial cards.  They will pull EX for their bankcard apps some of the time. I will admit this is the first time Ive seen Wally card go EX

Congrats

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 12 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good advice AirCobra on the gardening. I know its hard but the only way to lesson the effects of all those inqs will be time. Stick with us in the garden and you'll see the results . We have a member, Jago22 who had 88 inqsSmiley Wink and he is fast becoming a Garden legend, not to mention an Amex Guru junior behind our beloved K-in-Boston onSmiley Happy
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am definitely going to try AverageJoes but once you get that long awaited approval you just want to keep going. I am officially gardening...wish me luck!!! (You guys may have to talk me off the ledge a few times so keep an eye out).
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Walmart card approval! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

How would being added as an authorized user affect my credit. I added my 3 daughters as AUs when I got my Discover card. One of my daughter's just prequalified for the student chrome (pending submission/verification of her ID and SS) and wants to repay the favor by adding me. Yay or nay? Btw...her credit file was literally empty. No inquiries and no accounts except for my Discover. Any recommendations for cards for her to build her credit. I rather teach her young and help her avoid my mistakes.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.