Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart approval!

tag
Jayla127
New Contributor

Walmart approval!

I took a chance today and applied for the Walmart credit card. I buy a lot from Walmart and decided to take a chance. I was approved for $400.00. It's not much but it's a start.

Starting Score: EQ 430, TU 467, EX 465
Current Score: EQ 617, TU 618, EX 611
Goal Score: EQ 700, TU 700, EX 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Walmart approval!

Hey congrats, it has tons of potential to become 10k plus
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello - Did Walmart pull from all 3 credit bureaus?

Message 3 of 18
sonicchris8
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the Walmart approval

Starting scores: 538 EQ, 552 TU, 520 EX Current scores (11/18/20): 640 EQ 638 TU 654 EX
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the walmart card, in a few months of payments in full you should see a nice increase

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations Jayla! Would you mind sharing data points on your approval? Thank you! 🙂
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing this information.  I just applied and was approved for a $500 CL with Walmart.

Curent scores: TU 655/EX 663/EQ 625

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My experience with Synchrony (Walmart Credit Card) is that all of their CLI are soft pulls. I got a Jcpenny card the other day with a 600 limit, the lowest I've ever started with. I immediately asked for $2000.00 via increase button, and I was insantly approved. Give it a shot, ask for something high and they will counter you. I asked for 10k from Walmart a few days ago and was countered at $6000.00.

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations Jacinto looks like Synch likes you! 😊
Message 9 of 18
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@Jayla127 wrote:

I took a chance today and applied for the Walmart credit card. I buy a lot from Walmart and decided to take a chance. I was approved for $400.00. It's not much but it's a start.

Congrats. Try for a SP CLI every 4 months. Like clockwork

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.