Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart approved

Hey guys my TransUnion score from credit karma (fako) is a 602 with 13 hard inquiries, 0 derogs, 2 months average age of account, and 11 accounts in good standing, credit utilization at 21 percent. I applied for Walmart a month ago and was denied. I just applied again and was instantly approved for 400 dollars . Just wanted to share for others considering applying.
13 REPLIES 13
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Walmart approved

Congrats on the Wal Mart approval it will grow with time .
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome!! Congratz on the approval. Something I thought was cool is they sometimes do actually offer 0% interest financing on larger purchases in store (150$+/6 months and 299$+/12 months). I really like my Amazon card for having that feature so it's cool Wal-Mart has it at times too.
Message 3 of 14
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
That's awesome!! Congratz on the approval. Something I thought was cool is they sometimes do actually offer 0% interest financing on larger purchases in store (150$+/6 months and 299$+/12 months). I really like my Amazon card for having that feature so it's cool Wal-Mart has it at times too.

Congrats Op, I really like the card. You can probably call them today and get a quick increase to start it's growth...      Credit Solutions 877-379-8173

Walmart has always offered some 0% terms for the 3 years I have had the card. You can get the bar code at the service desk to keep in your wallet/purse (sometimes the cashiers are clueless how to ring it up). I have always been able to get this financing on any receipt total (including groceries), not just large items.

I also did just read on Nerdwallet that Walmart stopped racking up deferred interest and is now truly a 0% card.

"As of May 4, 2017, the cards issued by Synchrony Bank will no longer charge deferred interest for new applicants."

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called in and was denied the increase. It was worth a shot though. I'll just use the 400 and hope it increases later. This is my first synch card so I'm just happy to be in the door with them. I started with a470 FICO 7 month ago and 72 derogs across all 3 reports. And to go from that to now being approved feels great.
Message 5 of 14
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Congrats!

Good for you.

Now, STOP applying!  Smiley Happy

You have more than enough accounts to build a positive history.  Watch your utilization, and watch your scores grow!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey guys my TransUnion score from credit karma (fako) is a 602 with 13 hard inquiries, 0 derogs, 2 months average age of account, and 11 accounts in good standing, credit utilization at 21 percent. I applied for Walmart a month ago and was denied. I just applied again and was instantly approved for 400 dollars . Just wanted to share for others considering applying.

Way to go...keep on keepin on.....growth is eminent.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Off to the garden for you. Keep working on your rebuild and treat your current cards well. Synchrony giveth and they taketh away. If your UTI continues to increase they are known to CLD. 

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I've been trying to get approved for Walmart. Usually get the denial but hopefully one day I will get approved.

I'm an authorized user on my wife's account and I love using the card. Always comes in handy and really like their 0% option on bigger purchases around the holiday season.
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to have to check into that zero percent stuff. I never heard of it with Walmart until today.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.