Did you mean: 

Walmart luv button

tag
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart luv button

@RyVision wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

Since the luv button worked, I decided to call Walmart Credit Solutions to see if they would show me love as well. I asked for a total credit limit of 4k....and it was approved too. I will call back tomorrow and try for another 2k. 

Just a heads up with that.  GE has been known to suddenly close down accounts in some cases with people requesting CLIs  too frequently.  Not saying it's a given, but you might want to research the boards about it a bit before calling back to request more.

I research before everything that I do. My research shows that I am fine. So I will go ahead with my plan to call tomorrow and ask for 2k more. Thank you for your heads up though, I do appreciate it.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 11 of 34
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@LearningMoreAboutCredit wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

Since the luv button worked, I decided to call Walmart Credit Solutions to see if they would show me love as well. I asked for a total credit limit of 4k....and it was approved too. I will call back tomorrow and try for another 2k. 

According to your CLs in your sig why not ask for 10-15k and let them counter...going to the well too many times in a short time frame could alert GECRB and shut down your account altogether.  I've read other posts from GECRB customers getting their accounts closed for asking for CLIs too often.  Congrats on your CLI though...

This is a valid point. The reason that I didn't ask for 10-15k is because they have never countered me before, so I figured that I would be conservative. Tomorrow I will ask for 5k more and see if they counter me. If they don't, no biggie. I never carry a balance on this card. I just use it every once in a while and pay it off as soon as the charge posts. 

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 12 of 34
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

According to your CLs in your sig why not ask for 10-15k and let them counter...going to the well too many times in a short time frame could alert GECRB and shut down your account altogether.  I've read other posts from GECRB customers getting their accounts closed for asking for CLIs too often.  Congrats on your CLI though...

This is a valid point. The reason that I didn't ask for 10-15k is because they have never countered me before, so I figured that I would be conservative. Tomorrow I will ask for 5k more and see if they counter me. If they don't, no biggie. I never carry a balance on this card. I just use it every once in a while and pay it off as soon as the charge posts. 

I understand.  I mentioned that because i got my WM Discover in February with a 1k limit.  After 2 statements, I got $800 auto-CLI.  I immediately called and asked for $10k and they countered with $5k.  Two months after that I only asked for $3k CLI but should have asked for $10k again.  I'm waiting after my next statement cuts in two weeks and I'm thinking about asking for $10k due to the holidays when creditors seem to be more giving. Smiley Wink

Any advice given is always YMMV...

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 13 of 34
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 14 of 34
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 15 of 34
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

I understand.  I mentioned that because i got my WM Discover in February with a 1k limit.  After 2 statements, I got $800 auto-CLI.  I immediately called and asked for $10k and they countered with $5k.  Two months after that I only asked for $3k CLI but should have asked for $10k again.  I'm waiting after my next statement cuts in two weeks and I'm thinking about asking for $10k due to the holidays when creditors seem to be more giving. Smiley Wink

And you just called credit solutions for this?

PS thanks for sharing your experience.

My Wallet:
Message 16 of 34
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

Now I don't know what to do LMAC, lol. I just got off the phone with credit solutions and I took your advice (or your experience) and I asked for 10k. The lady was happy to approve 10k--my first 10k+ account. Now I can't help but to think that I left some on the table--so to speak. I am going to stop now and not ask again for a few weeks...Perhaps towards the end of November.

My Wallet:
Message 17 of 34
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

Wow wtg swap. Is so scary to ask for those big limits but no guys no glory lol

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 18 of 34
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

Oops guts Smiley Happy

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 19 of 34
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

lol, mm. I knew what you meant. Thank you. 

My Wallet:
Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.