cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart pre-approval letter-approved I think?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart pre-approval letter-approved I think?

Wm capture.PNGHello all! So, I got a pre approval letter in the mail from Walmart, which sad to admit we shop there a LOT, cause well there aren't too many stores around here to choose from haha. I have NEVER been able to get any love from Synchrony bank at all....like ever! So I with nervous energy decided to bite the bullet and give it a shot, and it says "you are approved, expect card in 7-10 days" but doesn't give me anymore information than that....no this is your CL, nothing....but it says approved....I included a SS just to make sure I wasn't nuts.... I have been working hard on rebuild, I got my utilization down to 30% so far and working hard to get it down even further! These boards and you guys have been a big part of my rebuilding journey! I never knew there were so many good tips and ways to get my credit back up where I never thought I would get it!! Still working on getting to the 700's but I feel like there is finally light at the end of that tunnel! Current scores are Equifax-635, Transunion-639, and Experian-646! I have no late payments on any CC, and my most recent 30 day late was on my truck payment in March of 2015....(missed it by a few days, and they won't take it off) I have two "chargeoff, yet paid" from years ago that I cant get them to remove either, one from Credit One and one from First Premier.....grrrr my BK7 is due to fall off in September, so hopefully my score will jump a little then.... Sorry I am rambling! Above is my SS of my WM app.....am I crazy or did Synch finally show me some love?????

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Walmart pre-approval letter-approved I think?

Hey my fiancé had the same pre approval for a Wal Mart cc that was sent in the mail about 3 mths ago , he bit the bullet and tried for it and got the same generic message that he was approved but no credit limit info or APR or anything , we had to wait for the card to come in , he got it pretty fast and it was for a 500 SL , congrats to you
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!! Likewise same to your fiancé! Smiley Happy
Never thought I would see the day when Synch was willing to give out some love my way hahaha
Message 3 of 10
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I had the same issues with Synch too , couldn't get any of their cards for a long time then one day once I was around 650 scores I was approved for 700 SL
Message 4 of 10
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

DW got the same mailer and was instantly approved. If u want to know your credit limit call that 800 number automated system will find your account ask for last 4 of SSN and tell u your limit.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I've been wanting to get the Walmart card for awhile but no luck for me. I do have some love from Sync but they never will give me this one or the Amazon card.
Message 6 of 10
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats. I started with $500 with them 2 years ago and they upgraded me to MC version. I don't want to push the CLI too much on this card because I like to see other Sync cards grow. 

Message 7 of 10
sonicchris8
Regular Contributor

Looks like they showed you some luv. Congrats!

Starting scores: 538 EQ, 552 TU, 520 EX Current scores (11/18/20): 640 EQ 638 TU 654 EX
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!....I also received the pre approval from Walmart and was so afraid to push submit since a few months back I was denied care credit with them..I said what the hell and hit submit and it said congratulations I was approved and I received the same 7-10 day notice so I called the automated number and was given a $500 limit..it feels awesome to be back in with sync..
Message 9 of 10
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats!!....I also received the pre approval from Walmart and was so afraid to push submit since a few months back I was denied care credit with them..I said what the hell and hit submit and it said congratulations I was approved and I received the same 7-10 day notice so I called the automated number and was given a $500 limit..it feels awesome to be back in with sync..

Awesome, Congrats

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.