cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was pondering a Dell Preferred - pulled the trigger on Freedom Flex instead. APPROVED!

tag
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

Was pondering a Dell Preferred - pulled the trigger on Freedom Flex instead. APPROVED!

Blows my mind how far I've come these past few years with everyone's help here.

I will need a new computer soon, and with what I do for a living it needs to be pretty kitted out. Dell has offered a significant discount on the nearly $4K computer that's right for me, bringing it closer to $3K. Great! But I loathe carrying balances, and I'd rather not pay this one in cash right now if I don't have to, economic uncertainty and all. Hubby and I are fine so far, but it's prudent to pay attention to the state of economic affairs all around.

Maybe I can score a nice 0% introductory APR somewhere. I research and come up with candidates. This Flex was a strong one, and holy cannoli - I'm pre-approved for it. WOO! FIRST CHASE PREAPPROVALS! But.....what's the credit limit look like? I'd hate to apply, get an insufficient limit, but with the shiny new hard pull, have Dell withdraw _their_ pre-approval of "up to" $5k. 

But I kept coming back around to, the Flex is just a better credit line all around - so I left it in the hands of the credit gods. If Chase doesn't give me enough of a credit line, I'll take that to mean that maybe I can hang on a little longer with the machine I have. I gulped hard and hit the button....and waied...

...for a CL just north of $21K @ 14.99% once they start charging interest!!!!! And I had been so worried!!!

Now we see if I get the card before my offer expires. It's gonna be close...

I should be in bed now, but I can't sleep!!!!! Hellooooo new daily driver card!

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Was pondering a Dell Preferred - pulled the trigger on Freedom Flex instead. APPROVED!

Wow! Fantastic approval, congrats and enjoy that one!

Message 2 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Was pondering a Dell Preferred - pulled the trigger on Freedom Flex instead. APPROVED!

hello @BurgeoningHope  so happy for youSmiley Happy. Enjiy Flexin your credit might🤗

Message 3 of 18
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval, great work!

Message 4 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your new card Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 6 of 18
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Message 7 of 18
sctrex
Established Member

Congrats!! 

Apple Card $7,750 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $2,800 / Capital One QuickSilver $3,350 / American Express EveryDay Preferred $6,000 / Petal 2 $1,800 / Citi Double Cash $3,700 / Citi Premier $5,800 / Discover IT $19,000 / PayPal Cashback $15,000 / American Express Cash Magnet $13,000 / Discover IT Miles $3,500 / Venmo Card $15,000 / FNBO Evergreen $8,800 / Aspiration Zero $9,800 / American Express BCP $16,000 / X1 $27,000 / Amex Blue Everyday $20,000
Message 8 of 18
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Chase Freedom Flex approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 9 of 18
RSX
Valued Contributor

congrats

call chase and see if they will expedite the card for you

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.