WOW! Awesome SL. Congratulations on your approval

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 21 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Way over 5/24 Chase Sapphire Reserve

Congrats on that approval. 22/24 must be a record for approval. I have Chase checking but don't believe there are any branches in my state.
Message 22 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
MaizeandBlue I don’t believe tellers can pull up promos like that like a banker can do. When I went there I asked for a PIN reset and nothing more nothing less and that’s when she said hey you have a pre-approval blah blah blah. I never dealt with a teller except when he came around to sit me with a banker.

I'm reviving this thread. 

I think the bank targets certain customers for pre-approved credit offers.  So when they go to the teller to conduct business it comes up on their screen to inform those customers of existing pre-approvals.  So even if the teller can't pull up the information, if its in their system they will tell the customer.

But my experience today says that the teller can also pull up the info.  I went to a Chase branch earlier to make a deposit and specifically asked the teller if I had any pre-approvals.  After he finished processing my deposit, he told me I had several pre-approvals and that I should see I personal banker.  I then checked with the PB and she told me I had been pre-approved for the CSR, CSP, Slate, Freedom Unlimited, United MileagePlus Explorer, and United MileagePlus Club cards.  Since I'm over 5/24 I was reluctant to apply even though I really want the CSR, so I used the excuse that my credit reports are frozen and I'd have to go home to unfreeze them and left the bank.

This is part of the printout she gave me showing the cards I'm pre-approved for:

20180830_150811_sm.jpg

Message 23 of 57
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Kudos to you MaizeandBlue, not sure I would've had the control to walk out of there seeing those!  Good info.

Message 24 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cred4All wrote:

Kudos to you MaizeandBlue, not sure I would've had the control to walk out of there seeing those!  Good info.

LOL...it wasn't easy but I knew my reports were on ice so it would have been pointless to submit an app.  I'm thinking of going back to the branch after my credit scores update on September 1.  But I'm really puzzled why these offers don't show up in my online account, nor the phone app, the online pre-qualify page, or the Chase Credit Journey website.

Message 25 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, incredible approval and SL! Maybe there’s hope for me yet! I’m at 12/24 with scores and inquiries below. I’ve also got Chase Premier Checking & Savings and am considering opening a self directed brokerage account (since they now offer 100 free trades annually). Perhaps I should go to the branch and ask questions about the brokerage and open it in there and see if that generates anything! Thanks for sharing!

PS—I have a small local branch about 1/2 mile away and a much larger downtown branch about 2 1/2 miles away. Anyone have a suggestion whether one would be preferable over the other?
Message 26 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations, incredible approval and SL! Maybe there’s hope for me yet! I’m at 12/24 with scores and inquiries below. I’ve also got Chase Premier Checking & Savings and am considering opening a self directed brokerage account (since they now offer 100 free trades annually). Perhaps I should go to the branch and ask questions about the brokerage and open it in there and see if that generates anything! Thanks for sharing!

PS—I have a small local branch about 1/2 mile away and a much larger downtown branch about 2 1/2 miles away. Anyone have a suggestion whether one would be preferable over the other?

If possible, go to the branch where you opened your checking & savings accounts.  I don't think it makes a difference though; if there are pre-approvals in the system they should be able to pull it up anywhere.  I don't know for sure but I get the impression PBs get some sort of bonus for signing up new credit cards.  

Message 27 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

MaizeandBlue those are the ones the banker gave me beforehand and when she showed me her screen I was reluctant until I saw fixed interest rates and I can’t remember but when she was scrolling through she read pretty much all their cards as they did with yours and I was like hey what the hey why not. And she gave me those exact papers as well. The only thing I can possibly think of is since I opened a DDA they do a soft pull and they may see better and confirm of income vs stated income I think? Plus since it’s at the branch the PB has to validate who you are and thus minimizing possible fraudulent application done online. Who knows to be honest but I am shocked you walked away from that I give you kudos because that would have been tough for me to do lol. Good luck and keep us posted since Sept is around the corner lol. Can’t wait for your outcome.
Message 28 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

ttulaw I went to a small branch in Winter Haven FL and it’s rarely busy I don’t think that may trigger anything for you it triggers their branch for new applications and gives the banker credit for applications but that’s as far as I know, now wether or not they get commissions per app that I dunno but I’m sure for some sort of growth they may help them to contribute to their bottom line per branch. If you are interested in doing such activities then it would make sense to sit down with a banker and ask them if you do because that’s almost the 2nd thing my banker informed me and she was polite about it too not pushy to the point of annoying me but keep asking for the sale sort of speak. Either way good luck and keep us posted curious to see what’s going on and maybe we may have found some true workaround. I’m going next month to inquire about that as well and maybe they will still show those pre approvals or not.
Message 29 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
MaizeandBlue those are the ones the banker gave me beforehand and when she showed me her screen I was reluctant until I saw fixed interest rates and I can’t remember but when she was scrolling through she read pretty much all their cards as they did with yours and I was like hey what the hey why not. And she gave me those exact papers as well. The only thing I can possibly think of is since I opened a DDA they do a soft pull and they may see better and confirm of income vs stated income I think? Plus since it’s at the branch the PB has to validate who you are and thus minimizing possible fraudulent application done online. Who knows to be honest but I am shocked you walked away from that I give you kudos because that would have been tough for me to do lol. Good luck and keep us posted since Sept is around the corner lol. Can’t wait for your outcome.

I didn't even remember to check if the APRs were fixed; I was just too excited to hear those approvals.  One year ago I would have been impulsive and applied but now I have more than sufficient credit.  The CSR is more of a want than a need and its to fill in the missing travel card in my lineup.  My branch is only 1 mile from my home so I'm tempted to go back but I'll think about it overnight.  I'm just glad those options now exist as they confirm I'm heading in the right direction.

Message 30 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.