Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way over 5/24 Chase Sapphire Reserve

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Way over 5/24 Chase Sapphire Reserve

Yeah I wouldn’t doubt it especially with your scores are better than mine and I have roughly 44 inquiries across all CRA at time of app now I’m at 46 lol
Message 31 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah I wouldn’t doubt it especially with your scores are better than mine and I have roughly 44 inquiries across all CRA at time of app now I’m at 46 lol

I'm 13/24 so I didn't want to just app then get denied but given what you just said about your inquiries I'll definitely reconsider.  Plus I think their internal CARS (Card Acquisition Risk Score) carries more weight than 5/24 if you're a customer in good standing.

Message 32 of 57
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

46 inquires? And I'm apprehensive about my 5 inquires.... I need to man up lol

Hoping to swing around 5/24 with a pre approval in my account like the rest in this thread...
Message 33 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
MaizeandBlue those are the ones the banker gave me beforehand and when she showed me her screen I was reluctant until I saw fixed interest rates and I can’t remember but when she was scrolling through she read pretty much all their cards as they did with yours and I was like hey what the hey why not. And she gave me those exact papers as well. The only thing I can possibly think of is since I opened a DDA they do a soft pull and they may see better and confirm of income vs stated income I think? Plus since it’s at the branch the PB has to validate who you are and thus minimizing possible fraudulent application done online. Who knows to be honest but I am shocked you walked away from that I give you kudos because that would have been tough for me to do lol. Good luck and keep us posted since Sept is around the corner lol. Can’t wait for your outcome.

I went back to the branch on Friday and wrote an update in the August Garden thread.  You can read it here:  My Chase Misadventure

I still haven't applied. The main reason is that I accidentally allowed my Navy Cash Rewards card to report with a 70% balance last month.  No worries, it was current charges so no late fees were involved.  Anyway, its paid down to $0 and I'm waiting for it to report again on Sept 4.  All the credit bureaus should have the update by Sept 9th so I'm looking at the 10th to possibly apply.

Message 34 of 57
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous 

I went back to the branch on Friday and wrote an update in the August Garden thread.  You can read it here:  My Chase Misadventure

I still haven't applied. The main reason is that I accidentally allowed my Navy Cash Rewards card to report with a 70% balance last month.  No worries, it was current charges so no late fees were involved.  Anyway, its paid down to $0 and I'm waiting for it to report again on Sept 4.  All the credit bureaus should have the update by Sept 9th so I'm looking at the 10th to possibly apply.

I read that thread...  no idea how you walked out of the branch, just sayin'..   Between the 'All business cards' and 'All personal cards' they were prepared to give you SOMETHING new and shiny.  Serious self restraint!

Message 35 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cred4All wrote:

@Anonymous 

I read that thread...  no idea how you walked out of the branch, just sayin'..   Between the 'All business cards' and 'All personal cards' they were prepared to give you SOMETHING new and shiny.  Serious self restraint!

They were throwing so much new info at me and I wanted to make an informed decision.  Plus I wanted to have the best reports possible since I'm over 5/24 and I had one account with a high balance that should update this week.  Think I'll go for the CSR next week, run a few small deposits through the new Business Checking account, then see if I can't snag the Ink Business Preferred in about a month or two.

Message 36 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shoot they still approved me for it with a 68% utl on my BoA being reported recently which is around 10700 and my overall aggregate utl is 13% and they still approved me with their “lowest” interest rate too. Thanks for the update keep us posted on your outcome!!!
Message 37 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read your post and I gotta say very impressive that you opened the world of business and personal all pre approved cards. So like I said I wonder if you open a DDA account since they have to do a full soft pull it opens those golden gates of Chase cards!!
Message 38 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Shoot they still approved me for it with a 68% utl on my BoA being reported recently which is around 10700 and my overall aggregate utl is 13% and they still approved me with their “lowest” interest rate too. Thanks for the update keep us posted on your outcome!!!

You're like the devil on my shoulder.Smiley Happy  Knowing that they approve you with an account showing a high balance I might take the chance.  I have 3% percent aggregate utilization and two accounts showing balances; one at 25% invidual utilization because of a %0 APR offer, and the Navy card that is paid off but hasn't reported yet.

Message 39 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I read your post and I gotta say very impressive that you opened the world of business and personal all pre approved cards. So like I said I wonder if you open a DDA account since they have to do a full soft pull it opens those golden gates of Chase cards!!

You might be right about DDA accounts.  In my case I adopted a specific strategy to maximize my interal Chase score and it seems to have worked.  Chase isn't my main bank but I had checking and savings accounts, and two credit cards with them.  I always made sure I kept a minimum of $1,500 in checking so as not to trigger monthly fees.  Didn't keep much in savings because their rates are abysmal.  I used my credit cards like debit cards and always paid them off by statement close so no balances were reported. 

Message 40 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.