Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way over 5/24 Chase Sapphire Reserve

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Way over 5/24 Chase Sapphire Reserve

Yeah I took one for the team to see if I may help in cracking down on this monster Bank lol. Sorry to be a bad influence lol
Message 41 of 57
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Went into the branch because I opened a new checking account online and needed a new PIN number because I didn’t like the system made up one, the banker was nice and she asked me hey they have a pre-approved for you for all the Chase credit cards didbyou want to apply? I told her no I’ve just got turned down for Hyatt online due to excessive inquiries and she said the branch pre approvals are pretty good. So she pulled up the AF and everything else and i saw I had a fix rate of 17.xx and then I was like ok fine let’s do it. She said it may take up to 7-10 for a response or it may be an instant decline. We waited 30 seconds while her computer loaded and she said wow congrats immediate approval for 20,500!!! I was like oh nice!

Don’t know whom they pulled yet but I am maybe 22/24 and across the boards about 40 inquiries with a 10% utilization of use AAoA 2.4 years with oldest card being 6 years old clean credit no baddies no lates.

::Update::

Chase did double pull from Experian and Equifax, did not see any major drops in credit score.

Ex 719

EQ 723

TU 750

all FICO score 8 so as of yet would not know which score they pulled.

Congrats on the approval!

For DP, of the 22 new accounts how many were opened within the last 6 months, last 1 year?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 42 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sjt thank you!
In the last 6 months I had 5 cards including the IHG with Chase.
7-12 months I had 10
Message 43 of 57
MrPSS
Regular Contributor

Can I just say that I love this post?? Hesco cheering on Maize lol.
Congrats on the monster approval and I too can’t wait to hear the results from Maize! I was recently approved for the CSP and received green check marks for the CSR shortly after and have to agree that Chase’s internal score works wonders. Will be following this post for some time.
Current: Gardening...

FICO 8: EX:TU:EQ:

As of Aug 2020. Total CL: $46,600; Goal: $50,000
Message 44 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice!!!

I'm headed to me branch for a pin change at lunch today. I have a green checkmark approval for a CSP in my Chase acct. I was afraid to go for it because I'm LOL/24. So, I will try the pin change route!

Message 45 of 57
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice!!!

I'm headed to me branch for a pin change at lunch today. I have a green checkmark approval for a CSP in my Chase acct. I was afraid to go for it because I'm LOL/24. So, I will try the pin change route!

You probably have branch pre approvals. Goodluck and keep us posted.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 46 of 57
MrPSS
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice!!!

Lol! This is great. I can't wait to hear the results!!

Current: Gardening...

FICO 8: EX:TU:EQ:

As of Aug 2020. Total CL: $46,600; Goal: $50,000
Message 47 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrPSS wrote:
Congrats on the monster approval and I too can’t wait to hear the results from Maize! I was recently approved for the CSP and received green check marks for the CSR shortly after and have to agree that Chase’s internal score works wonders. Will be following this post for some time.

LOL... I chickened out.  I went in and talked to a personal banker about a week ago and he told me that sometimes in-branch offers expire but they have no way of knowing until they put in the application and its either approved or they get the 7-10 business days message.  So since he couldn't say for sure that I'd be approved I did not take the chance.

I'm currently gardening so I decided that I'm going to wait a few more months so I can present my best credit profile.  I just paid off a personal loan a few days ago so I'm expecting a significant bump in scores when it reports at the end of the month.  I'll probably go after the CSR in December after I've gardened for at least 6 months.  I also just opened a You Invest account so now I have checking, savings, business checking, and an investment account in addition to the Freedom and Amazon credit cards.  So hopefully my CARS score will be good enough to get a CSR.

Message 48 of 57
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MrPSS wrote:

LOL... I chickened out.  I went in and talked to a personal banker about a week ago and he told me that sometimes in-branch offers expire but they have no way of knowing until they put in the application and its either approved or they get the 7-10 business days message.  So since he couldn't say for sure that I'd be approved I did not take the chance.

I'm currently gardening so I decided that I'm going to wait a few more months so I can present my best credit profile.  I just paid off a personal loan a few days ago so I'm expecting a significant bump in scores when it reports at the end of the month.  I'll probably go after the CSR in December after I've gardened for at least 6 months.  I also just opened a You Invest account so now I have checking, savings, business checking, and an investment account in addition to the Freedom and Amazon credit cards.  So hopefully my CARS score will be good enough to get a CSR.

I saw an green checkmark offer for the CSP with a set APR. That prompted me to go to a branch and speak with a PB and it turns out Im pre approved for all card products. Im currently 6/24 and 2 of those card turn 2 years on October 20/24. The banker recommend that I wait until October 1st to take one of those offers. 

On another note, paying off your personal loan might get you a temporary score decrease unless you have other installment loans.

Message 49 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MrPSS wrote:

I saw an green checkmark offer for the CSP with a set APR. That prompted me to go to a branch and speak with a PB and it turns out Im pre approved for all card products. Im currently 6/24 and 2 of those card turn 2 years on October 20/24. The banker recommend that I wait until October 1st to take one of those offers. 

On another note, paying off your personal loan might get you a temporary score decrease unless you have other installment loans.

Good move to wait until October and ensure you're under 5/24; hopefully that offer wouldn't expire by then.

The personal loan was closed because I also have a Share Secured Loan with Alliant FCU that's paid down to 6% outstanding balance.  I took out a $10K PL with PenFed in April when it looked like I had underestimated my taxes, so I figured I'd thicken my credit file with a loan instead of writing a check to the IRS.  But the rate of 8.99% wasn't the best so I paid it down aggressively and closed it this month.  My score shouldn't decrease because I still have the SSL open and my installment utilization went from 23% to 6% so I'll get a FICO bump for installment utilization going below 8.9%.

Message 50 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.