Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wayfair SCT Approval

tag
jl4
Established Contributor

Wayfair SCT Approval

They say if you're going to step out of the garden, make it worth it.

Was doing some light shopping on Wayfair for a thing I actually needed and while I'n not sure if it helped, I had left the product page open for a couple hours while I did other stuff. When I went to check out, I got the pre-approval popup so I dove for it. The interest rate is 2x trash (28.49%) but I was approved for $6,500. I got $40 off my order, so I'm happy. I can't imagine I'll use the card much but it's nice to pad my util, offsetting the massive engagement ring purchase I made a few weeks ago. 😬🙈

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wayfair SCT Approval

Grats on the new card Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! I just got approved for $6.5k like you. 

How long does it take to receive the card so you can ask for a CLI?

Also, was this a soft pull? I called into Comenity to ask for my account number (which they won't give out), they said it was a hard pull. Not sure if the CSR was clueless since she said all new applications are a hard pull on ALL THREE credit bureaus; I didn't want to tip her off by saying I used the SCT. Just curious since I used the SCT to get a nice boost in my credit score (lower utilization) without a hard pull. Can you please confirm? Thank you!

EDIT: looks like it was a hard pull on all 3 credit bureaus. only entered last 4 of my SSN after i got the pre-approval pop-up. after reading other reviews, it looks like the SCT is dead for wayfair Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval , very nice SL !!!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.