Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wayfair SCT = HARD Equifax pull!!!

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Wayfair SCT = HARD Equifax pull!!!

Also remember comenity gets spooked very easily. Disputing a legitimate inquiry and filing a complaint could produce some AASmiley Sad

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 11 of 16
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

OP: Some Comenity SCT cards are HP and some are not--it's up to you to know which ones are which before you apply. When I got my Wayfair card and Total Rewards Visa good while back both were HPs. MY other Comenity cards were not.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's an "AA?"

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all for the comments. I'm learning a lot! Lesson learned that not all SCTs are soft pulls, and according to 4theLoveofPoints Comenity has changed its SCT rules and most lead to HPs.

Thank you for all the information. Appreciate the knowledge sharing Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the info, FinStar. Didn't realize this was against the TOS. 

I understand there could always be a HP with any credit application, but it's the disclaimer I saw on the application before I hit the "submit" button to apply. I swear it was there, but mb I was mistaken. Either way, the disputes have already been submitted. I just hope Comenity doesn't shut down my account now. I really like the Wayfair card benefits (financing) and I do need to do some redecorating... Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Anytime OP.

At least your outcome was positive with the approval and subsequent CLIs 👍😁

As far as the AA abbreviation, that stands for Adverse Action.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.