Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wayfair SCT approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wayfair SCT approval

Hello all! Well, I've tried a few times to get the SCT to work on Wayfair and I haven't had any luck. Last night when I was shopping for curtains I went through the procedure to check out and a preapproval popped up! So I went through the steps and I was approved for 750$ Cl. Not much, but I'm only 6 mnths into my rebuilding and so I'm happy with my starting limit. First thing this morning I received an email saying I had a new inquiry from Comenity on Equifax. Grrrr! I thought I wouldn't get one! I've done hours of research on rebuilding and cc approvals on this forum and everyone says SCT will be a soft pull. This is my first Comenity card, could that be why? I have 3 inq on each CRA. Not too bad so hopefully this won't keep me from getting approved for my next card, which won't be till I hit at least 650. I know better than to apply with my current scores.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Re: Wayfair SCT approval

I already had a Wayfair, so no SCT I've had to date. But question the soft pulls usually ask for the last 4 digits of SS# from what I've read, did it ask for only the last 4 digits on this preapproval or full SS# ?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only asked for last 4 of social, yearly income and DOB. I know for sure that it was a preapproval, I exited out of the "checkout" process, went to main menu, then clicked on my account. On the left side was a a box that said you're preapproved. So I clicked on it and followed the steps.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same thing happen to me, actually.  99.9% sure it was the pre-approval, only last 4 and all that fun stuff.  HSN and Wayfair both dinged me, while OverStock did not.  And IIRC I did have to do a full 9 digits with them, which is by default, I think?  Did OS > HSN > Wayfair in that order.

Message 4 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your approval. SCT can be a dangerous intersection if not approached with caution. Get too many, you may get shut down from Comenity, assume youll get a sp you end up with hp. Ive been here on the forum over a year and a half and i know that not everybody says SCT will be sp even with only last 4 asked. Theres just alot of post similar to yours where someone thought they would only get an sp and got the hp. I like to look at credit , even the sp givers, that when soliciting credit, its always best to assume a hp and be happy if none is given.

Youve learned most importantly. Yeah 3 hps is ok for now but just plan out your next steps so you can minimize any suprises. I wish you the best as you continue to rebuildSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 8
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

A good rule of thumb is whenever you hit the SUBMIT button on a CLI or SCT or PREAPPROVAL be prepared to take an HP. If you cant afford to take an HP, dont hit the button

Congrats on your approval

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, I will definitely proceed with caution from now on. I have 2 cards with Capital One and an unsecured as well from my local credit union. I think thats goods enough for now. I feel like its time to just leave everything alone. I've been able to raise my score 100 points in these last 6 mnths! I realize that its better to wait it out for those goods cards than to get anymore subprime cards. This wayfair card I will def. Use.
Message 7 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great increase and i really like how you are planning your credit build. Good inspirational. Cant wait to see your next approvalSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.