Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wayfair Strange CLI

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Wayfair Strange CLI

I have had my wayfair card for a little while, always smashing that SP luv button. As of a few month now I have gotten shot down, I thought I guess I hit the max at 22.5 not that I would ever use that much lol.

Anyhoo, it's been a few months and thought I would try again, got the lovely 7-10 message. I thought ok I am at my max, no worries.

I get a phone call today, I normally don't answer unknown numbers but with my call today to USAA I thought I will pick it up. It was wayfair asking if I indeed requested a CLI, I said yes verfied some info and she asked if she could pull a report, I was like no unless it is a SP, she assured me it was and they gave me another 2K.

So far no alerts, I just found it strange and thought I would pass it along. 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Re: Wayfair Strange CLI

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your Very Successful CLI!!!

Persistence  pays off AGAIN!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 2 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Jnbmom wrote:

I have had my wayfair card for a little while, always smashing that SP luv button. As of a few month now I have gotten shot down, I thought I guess I hit the max at 22.5 not that I would ever use that much lol.

Anyhoo, it's been a few months and thought I would try again, got the lovely 7-10 message. I thought ok I am at my max, no worries.

I get a phone call today, I normally don't answer unknown numbers but with my call today to USAA I thought I will pick it up. It was wayfair asking if I indeed requested a CLI, I said yes verfied some info and she asked if she could pull a report, I was like no unless it is a SP, she assured me it was and they gave me another 2K.

So far no alerts, I just found it strange and thought I would pass it along. 

Interesting data point about them calling... thanks for sharing that tidbit.  Smiley Wink  Like you mention, that's something we don't see a lot (???) with Comenity. Smiley Surprised

I'm glad it all worked out, and great job on the CLI!  screamer.gif

Message 3 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your increase 

Message 4 of 8
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on such a high CL on a retail card. Awesome!!! I’m glad you shared your story. I went for a CLI with Wayfair. The lady I talked to said that she couldn’t guarantee that it would be a soft pull. So weird. I told her never mind. I absolutely against a hard pull. Hmmmmm
Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 8
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@CreditCharmer wrote:
Congratulations on such a high CL on a retail card. Awesome!!! I’m glad you shared your story. I went for a CLI with Wayfair. The lady I talked to said that she couldn’t guarantee that it would be a soft pull. So weird. I told her never mind. I absolutely against a hard pull. Hmmmmm

Yes I was doubting it would be a SP myself, but it actually was for once lol.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 6 of 8
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

Awesome!!! You’re making me want to unlock my reports to see if I can do the double increase with a soft pull!!! Nice.
Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 8
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@CreditCharmer wrote:
Awesome!!! You’re making me want to unlock my reports to see if I can do the double increase with a soft pull!!! Nice.

Of course YMMV but I wish you luckSmiley Happy What is your limit currently? I always got SP CLIs until I hit 22.5K line then they stopped.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.