cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wayfair Strange CLI

Jnbmom
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Wayfair Strange CLI

I have had my wayfair card for a little while, always smashing that SP luv button. As of a few month now I have gotten shot down, I thought I guess I hit the max at 22.5 not that I would ever use that much lol.

 

Anyhoo, it's been a few months and thought I would try again, got the lovely 7-10 message. I thought ok I am at my max, no worries.

 

I get a phone call today, I normally don't answer unknown numbers but with my call today to USAA I thought I will pick it up. It was wayfair asking if I indeed requested a CLI, I said yes verfied some info and she asked if she could pull a report, I was like no unless it is a SP, she assured me it was and they gave me another 2K.

 

So far no alerts, I just found it strange and thought I would pass it along. 

EXP 758 TU 783 EQ 729
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Marz2002
Valued Contributor

Re: Wayfair Strange CLI

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your Very Successful CLI!!!

 

Persistence  pays off AGAIN!!!

AMEX BCE $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $13.7K | Citi AAdvantage WEMC $14K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Discover IT $19K | OpenSky $300 | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $4K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K) |
BBVA Compass Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards $3K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $33.5K | NFCU Flagship VS $19K
Macy's AMEX $18K | Apple Card WEMC $6K | PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

TCL - $211K+ | Rebuilding since April 2018
Message 2 of 8
UncleB
Moderator

Re: Wayfair Strange CLI


@Jnbmom wrote:

I have had my wayfair card for a little while, always smashing that SP luv button. As of a few month now I have gotten shot down, I thought I guess I hit the max at 22.5 not that I would ever use that much lol.

 

Anyhoo, it's been a few months and thought I would try again, got the lovely 7-10 message. I thought ok I am at my max, no worries.

 

I get a phone call today, I normally don't answer unknown numbers but with my call today to USAA I thought I will pick it up. It was wayfair asking if I indeed requested a CLI, I said yes verfied some info and she asked if she could pull a report, I was like no unless it is a SP, she assured me it was and they gave me another 2K.

 

So far no alerts, I just found it strange and thought I would pass it along. 


Interesting data point about them calling... thanks for sharing that tidbit.  Smiley Wink  Like you mention, that's something we don't see a lot (???) with Comenity. Smiley Surprised

 

I'm glad it all worked out, and great job on the CLI!  screamer.gif

Message 3 of 8
Remedios
Moderator

Re: Wayfair Strange CLI

Congrats on your increase 

Message 4 of 8
CreditCharmer
New Contributor

Re: Wayfair Strange CLI

Congratulations on such a high CL on a retail card. Awesome!!! I’m glad you shared your story. I went for a CLI with Wayfair. The lady I talked to said that she couldn’t guarantee that it would be a soft pull. So weird. I told her never mind. I absolutely against a hard pull. Hmmmmm
Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently.





Starting Score: 525
Current Middle Score: 715
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge



Message 5 of 8
Jnbmom
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Wayfair Strange CLI


@CreditCharmer wrote:
Congratulations on such a high CL on a retail card. Awesome!!! I’m glad you shared your story. I went for a CLI with Wayfair. The lady I talked to said that she couldn’t guarantee that it would be a soft pull. So weird. I told her never mind. I absolutely against a hard pull. Hmmmmm

Yes I was doubting it would be a SP myself, but it actually was for once lol.

EXP 758 TU 783 EQ 729
Message 6 of 8
CreditCharmer
New Contributor

Re: Wayfair Strange CLI

Awesome!!! You’re making me want to unlock my reports to see if I can do the double increase with a soft pull!!! Nice.
Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently.





Starting Score: 525
Current Middle Score: 715
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge



Message 7 of 8
Jnbmom
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Wayfair Strange CLI


@CreditCharmer wrote:
Awesome!!! You’re making me want to unlock my reports to see if I can do the double increase with a soft pull!!! Nice.

Of course YMMV but I wish you luckSmiley Happy What is your limit currently? I always got SP CLIs until I hit 22.5K line then they stopped.

EXP 758 TU 783 EQ 729
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.