cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wayfair, They Got Just What My Wife Needs (Updated 3/3/20)

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Wayfair, They Got Just What My Wife Needs (Updated 3/3/20)

So, my wife wanted to buy stuff from Wayfair, but she couldn't get approved for a card, so she asked me to apply for one. I was like, "look, girl-bro, I just got approved for two Amex and I got my sights set on the Bonvoy. Why you trying to trip me up? I need to finish hitting spend, use one of those two." Then she tells me she's gonna pay it off in payments and I say, "the FICO you are, what part of BONVOY didn't you understand? PIF or kick rocks." I'm sure by now some of you are 😒 me, but we keep our finances separate because she likes minimum payments and I ain't about that life.

She asks me again and I remind her that I burned them before which resulted in getting sued by PRA. Comenity hasn't approved, pre-qualified, or shopping carted me in 4 years. There's no way they'll approve me. I ran the pre-qual cause why the FICO not? It won't hurt me and she'll see I won't be approved.

I was pre-approved.

At this point my palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy. Thought I cut my fingers on the broken screen protector, but it was mom's spaghetti. There was no pre-approved limit stated anywhere and I figured it would be another $300 low limit banger, but it came back for $1k. And all I was thinking was 'dang. There goes my utilization.'

We made an agreement that she could use it, but it had to stay under 30% at all times. Guess how much that first purchase was. I got in that shopping cart and started hitting delete like it was a punching bag. Took advantage of the $50 for first purchase over $250 and got it just under 30%.

Today I got my "card" and learned it also works at Joss & Main, ALLMODERN, Birch Lane, and PERIGOLD. I also learned it wasn't a card, more like a credit program. I guess I'm supposed to write down my card number somewhere because this is what I got:

PhotoGrid_1583210062683.jpg

How am I supposed to flex that in my wallet? Stick it between my metal cards? Shoot.

Datapoints

I don't know. I haven't paid attention in a couple months because I'm focused on paying off and removing collections. There's 5 of those.

EDIT: just realized and wanted to add, after doing the prequal, it was a SP to open. It's been a week and I haven't received a HP yet.

Also, I requested a CLI and they upped me to $1800.

44 REPLIES 44
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Wayfair, They Got Just What My Wife Needs

Shame on the DW lol What would we do for love lol21785i28A83A703392EAB8.gif

Message 2 of 45
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! Love the story!
Message 3 of 45
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I just want to say I enjoy your humor very much Smiley LOL

Congrats! (?)

Message 4 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!
They stopped giving the actual card a while ago.....but that's ok because in reality you don't need it really. I don't even carry mine in my wallet. 

Message 5 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval and spending agreement w/ DW! Loving the Eminem lyric quote (big fan) Lose yourself in the moment, the approval Smiley Happy MF version 

Message 6 of 45
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approval!
They stopped giving the actual card a while ago.....but that's ok because in reality you don't need it really. I don't even carry mine in my wallet. 

I was really confused for a few moments. Thought I had to confirm my account before they would send me the real card. Now I have to go check out these other sites to figure out how it works.

Message 7 of 45
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner  the tags for your thread 😂🤣😂

Message 8 of 45
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@simplynoir wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner  the tags for your thread 😂🤣😂

I just chose from what the site offered me. 🤷‍♂️

Message 9 of 45
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Message 10 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.