cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wayfair, They Got Just What My Wife Needs (Updated 3/3/20)

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Wayfair, They Got Just What My Wife Needs

Thanks @Anonymous and @GApeachy ! Too bad my PlayStation won't grow like this.

Message 31 of 45
SarahJo
Established Contributor

It does grow, mine started at around $1500 (I think? maybe even less) opened 11/16 and today it's $20,200.  All SP except for the last time (grrrrr).  Wayfair does have great deals if you compare, the customer service is AWESOME, and the 0% financing is nice too when working on a large project if need be. 

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 32 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^ she makes a good point I should have mentioned earlier @Brian_Earl_Spilner . The 0% financing deals are nice for bigger purchases for sure. I'm using one now on a new living room setup. And congrats on the instant CLI too Smiley Happy

Message 33 of 45
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!! I love Wayfair!!

Message 34 of 45
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Re: Wayfair, They Got Just What My Wife Needs (Updated 3/3/20)

Congratulations on the faux-Gucci!

Message 35 of 45
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Too bad my PlayStation won't grow like this.

It will, you just gotta play with it some moreSmiley WinkSmiley LOL

(the cli button...you dirty minded ppl)

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 36 of 45
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval and CLI! Also, thank you for the much-needed humor tonight LOL!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 37 of 45
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@AllZero wrote:
Congratulations on your approval! Love the story!

LOL So do I

Congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 38 of 45
hpotterfan77
Regular Contributor

I just got approved for mine today...starting limit of $750K.  I'll try hitting hitting the love button once my info comes in the mail and I can get online access.  Still in shock.  Comenity is apparently very forgiving aaaannnddd....it was a soft pull since I did it through the pre-qualifier!

Starting Scores (9/19): EQ - 474/TU - 528/EX - 502
Current Scores (09/22): EQ - 617- TU - 638/EX - 647
Comenity M/C - $6730.00, BJs Perks MC - $2800.00, Credit One - $1200.00, Credit One - $800.00, NFCU -$6300.00, Care Credit - $5000.00, William Sonoma - $3500.00, Overstock - $4100.00, Pottery Barn - $2000.00>
Message 39 of 45
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

So, my wife wanted to buy stuff from Wayfair, but she couldn't get approved for a card, so she asked me to apply for one. I was like, "look, girl-bro, I just got approved for two Amex and I got my sights set on the Bonvoy. Why you trying to trip me up? I need to finish hitting spend, use one of those two." Then she tells me she's gonna pay it off in payments and I say, "the FICO you are, what part of BONVOY didn't you understand? PIF or kick rocks." I'm sure by now some of you are 😒 me, but we keep our finances separate because she likes minimum payments and I ain't about that life.

She asks me again and I remind her that I burned them before which resulted in getting sued by PRA. Comenity hasn't approved, pre-qualified, or shopping carted me in 4 years. There's no way they'll approve me. I ran the pre-qual cause why the FICO not? It won't hurt me and she'll see I won't be approved.

I was pre-approved.

At this point my palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy. Thought I cut my fingers on the broken screen protector, but it was mom's spaghetti. There was no pre-approved limit stated anywhere and I figured it would be another $300 low limit banger, but it came back for $1k. And all I was thinking was 'dang. There goes my utilization.'

We made an agreement that she could use it, but it had to stay under 30% at all times. Guess how much that first purchase was. I got in that shopping cart and started hitting delete like it was a punching bag. Took advantage of the $50 for first purchase over $250 and got it just under 30%.

Today I got my "card" and learned it also works at Joss & Main, ALLMODERN, Birch Lane, and PERIGOLD. I also learned it wasn't a card, more like a credit program. I guess I'm supposed to write down my card number somewhere because this is what I got:

PhotoGrid_1583210062683.jpg

How am I supposed to flex that in my wallet? Stick it between my metal cards? Shoot.

Datapoints

I don't know. I haven't paid attention in a couple months because I'm focused on paying off and removing collections. There's 5 of those.

EDIT: just realized and wanted to add, after doing the prequal, it was a SP to open. It's been a week and I haven't received a HP yet.

Also, I requested a CLI and they upped me to $1800.

You ain't never suppose to show it, your crew ain't suppose to know it
Even if it means going toe to toe with Comenity, it don't matter

Wait... where was I going with that?   Belated congratulations on "your" new Wayfair and CLI!

Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.