cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wayfair pop-up FINALLY! Pulled the trigger...

tag
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Wayfair pop-up FINALLY! Pulled the trigger...

Congrats!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Did you Restoration Hardware start low and what were your scores when you got that one? 

Message 12 of 18
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

Thanks, mynewcredit! To answer your question about RH, I just got approved for that one as well, a few days back (approved for $4k, immediate CLI to $4.8k after approval) That's actually what made me think to try for the Wayfair popup again--I thought maybe Comenity had been SPing me with my old Equifax score that was still showing a collection. I currently have a 635 EQ which is nothing to write home about, but it's free of collections and charge offs, last 30 day late more than 12 months ago. I have a very thick credit profile and highish income (86k) which also may have been a factor.  Hope this helps! 

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 13 of 18
Jon85
Frequent Contributor

@ohreally7654 wrote:

Thanks so much, all, for the 'congrats'!  I've already found a few items (art work and bar stools) that I think will be good for breaking in the card LOL

Alisadarrick, to answer your question, I did just try the robolady and she wanted to transfer me to a live person--yikes!!  So I hung up!  I didn't want to take the chance of it resulting in a HP, as far as asking for a CLI.  I will wait and try at 31 days for a CLI and will report back.  For now, I am very happy with the starting limit on this card, so I will just sit tight for a bit.  I've had a few cards that I obtained from Comenity last year that only gave me $250 at acceptance, so anything above that is a bonus! Smiley Wink

Did you try setting up your account online? Even if you don't have the card, most of the time the comenity site will let you enter in your social and stuff to set up your account and then once you're on, do a CLI--as soon as I got my two comenity cards and i set up the account online, it gave me CLI's same day, two times each--you just keep doing it until it says no. Congrats.

Message 14 of 18
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

@Jon85 wrote:

@ohreally7654 wrote:

Thanks so much, all, for the 'congrats'!  I've already found a few items (art work and bar stools) that I think will be good for breaking in the card LOL

Alisadarrick, to answer your question, I did just try the robolady and she wanted to transfer me to a live person--yikes!!  So I hung up!  I didn't want to take the chance of it resulting in a HP, as far as asking for a CLI.  I will wait and try at 31 days for a CLI and will report back.  For now, I am very happy with the starting limit on this card, so I will just sit tight for a bit.  I've had a few cards that I obtained from Comenity last year that only gave me $250 at acceptance, so anything above that is a bonus! Smiley Wink

Did you try setting up your account online? Even if you don't have the card, most of the time the comenity site will let you enter in your social and stuff to set up your account and then once you're on, do a CLI--as soon as I got my two comenity cards and i set up the account online, it gave me CLI's same day, two times each--you just keep doing it until it says no. Congrats.

Jon85, I really appreciate the tip! I've never gotten the increase button to work for me online. Always shot down in the past. I've only had success very recently using robolady so I figured, why even try with the CLI button online! Well, maybe the key was getting my scores higher this last month or maybe it was requesting the CLI when the account is brand new versus waiting a few months like I've done in the past. Either way, CLI approved for an extra $200. So now at $2700! Very happy, thanks again! 

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ohreally7654 wrote:

Thanks, mynewcredit! To answer your question about RH, I just got approved for that one as well, a few days back (approved for $4k, immediate CLI to $4.8k after approval) That's actually what made me think to try for the Wayfair popup again--I thought maybe Comenity had been SPing me with my old Equifax score that was still showing a collection. I currently have a 635 EQ which is nothing to write home about, but it's free of collections and charge offs, last 30 day late more than 12 months ago. I have a very thick credit profile and highish income (86k) which also may have been a factor.  Hope this helps! 

Thanks so much for the data points ohreally7654. I would like that card, RH, in the future. I forgot to ask was RH a soft pull shopping cart trick as well with the pop up or was it a cold app? I have heard mixed answers when it comes to that one. If it is SCT I will surely try to get it later this year.

Message 17 of 18
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

Thank you NeverTooLate!

Mynewcredit, you are welcome! I had to cold app for RH. I don't believe SCT is available for any of the really high end stores like RH, Zgallerie, or West Elm. Oh how I wish it was! Best of luck to you in becoming a future RH card holder! Definitely excited for the special financing that comes with it!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.