Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekend Update: Almost $100k BoA + store card

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Weekend Update: Almost $100k BoA + store card

Congrats on the CLIs there, sir! Goal is almost in sight...

Message 11 of 39
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

That’s awesome K! I’m going to give it 6 months between requests this time instead of my typical 3 and see if I can squeeze out a more substantial increase from them.

I wish there was an easy way for us to be able to tell whether it actually makes a difference or not.  As you can see by my dates, I got 5-digit CLIs just 3-4 months after receiving others.  Cash Rewards is the only one that I've requested where I waited more than 6 months and it was "only" (oh boy do I sound jaded now!) $7500, although that was a 2X CLI so nothing to sneeze at.  Best of luck, though!

Right.. I know...I was on a pretty good roll with them up until Nov when my last cli request(s) only yielded $3,900 total between both my Merrill + & 123 Rewards. I even used that pull to app for Premier Rewards and of course declined. Figure now it’s time for me to cool my heels with them for at least 6 months this time and it might yield some nice results down the road. 😉

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 12 of 39
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Congrats on the progress, K! I'm tempted to hit the CLI button on my 123, but I'm using it for a massive BT consolidation that has it pegged at 80% utilization for the next three months, at least. I'll pay a chunk of it off in March, when I need a score boost for a new car loan. 

Thanks (and thanks to everyone else, as well)!  You may be interested to read the first post from my thread nearly a year ago.  This BoA CLI-mania began with massive CLIs on 3 cards that had 70-82% utilization from balance transfers.  BoA loves high utilization, as long as it's on their own cards and not across the board with other lenders as well. Smiley Wink

@credit_endurance I think I've seen more people denied for Premium Rewards than approved; don't take it personally!

Message 13 of 39
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!  Your track record with BOA is impressive!

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 14 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Buddy🍾🎈🎉🎊. BOA obviously loves you. I am due for a cli. I’m not asking for a while. The last one was like a 130% increase. I don’t run a ton of spend on it. It won’t have any interest until December. Then I PC to a reward card. May use for a BT soon though. And for the love of god keep warm. 🌬🌞

Message 15 of 39
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@luxeprw9 wrote:

Thanks, but DW blows me out of the water!  $22k - $25k with auto-CLI.  Then her 3 HPs resulted in $40k, $60k, and now $70k - on a single card.  Glad that credit is not a competition!

Message 16 of 39
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

How fluid is BoA with regards to PC for cards? I plan to app for the PR card initially but I don't know if I want to keep it long term but I also acknowledge I might want to go back if I have remorse doing it. So just curious how they treat going from one card to another so to speak.

Message 17 of 39
Gmood1
Super Contributor

The B-town baller has done it again! lol
Congrats man!
Message 18 of 39
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@luxeprw9 wrote:

Thanks, but DW blows me out of the water!  $22k - $25k with auto-CLI.  Then her 3 HPs resulted in $40k, $60k, and now $70k - on a single card.  Glad that credit is not a competition!

I've been following your progress because I am working on my BOA card.  Based on your previous post, you indicated that BOA loves high utilization.  But what about hard pulls?  Are they sensitive to that?  I have 6 so far (3 from BOA alone - 2 declines and 1 approval) and it's freaking me out!!  I want to grow this card but I'm concerned with excessive hard pulls.

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 19 of 39
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Congrats on the progress, K! I'm tempted to hit the CLI button on my 123, but I'm using it for a massive BT consolidation that has it pegged at 80% utilization for the next three months, at least. I'll pay a chunk of it off in March, when I need a score boost for a new car loan. 

Thanks (and thanks to everyone else, as well)!  You may be interested to read the first post from my thread nearly a year ago.  This BoA CLI-mania began with massive CLIs on 3 cards that had 70-82% utilization from balance transfers.  BoA loves high utilization, as long as it's on their own cards and not across the board with other lenders as well. Smiley Wink

@credit_endurance I think I've seen more people denied for Premium Rewards than approved; don't take it personally!

HOLY FRIGGIN CRAP, K!!!! Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Request 40K, got 30K, which is a 50% increase! I guess there was no need to wait until March, but there goes my spade, lol

Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 2.29.48 PM.png

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.