Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekend Update: Almost $100k BoA + store card

tag
PRose123
New Contributor

Re: Weekend Update: Almost $100k BoA + store card

Nice! I just hired a law firm to remove a collection that somehow popped onto my report (5 years ago). While they’re there, I am also hoping they get removed 2 ancient lates (one of which is set to drop off this year). My utilization is 41% (down from 57%). Utilization would be ridiculous if I had not learned how to get instant approvals (shopping cart trick) and garden here on the forums. Thank you! I’m really hoping the law firm can get the collection removed (and 2 old lates) so my score can go back up and I can consolidate onto one or two cards.
I want to be like you when I grow up.

World's Worst Gardener
Message 21 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 22 of 39
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Very nicely done @K-in-Boston.  Enjoy the huge exposure with BofA!

Message 23 of 39
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Congrats on the progress, K! I'm tempted to hit the CLI button on my 123, but I'm using it for a massive BT consolidation that has it pegged at 80% utilization for the next three months, at least. I'll pay a chunk of it off in March, when I need a score boost for a new car loan. 

Thanks (and thanks to everyone else, as well)!  You may be interested to read the first post from my thread nearly a year ago.  This BoA CLI-mania began with massive CLIs on 3 cards that had 70-82% utilization from balance transfers.  BoA loves high utilization, as long as it's on their own cards and not across the board with other lenders as well. Smiley Wink

@credit_endurance I think I've seen more people denied for Premium Rewards than approved; don't take it personally!

HOLY FRIGGIN CRAP, K!!!! Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Request 40K, got 30K, which is a 50% increase! I guess there was no need to wait until March, but there goes my spade, lol

Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 2.29.48 PM.png

Message 24 of 39
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@luxeprw9 wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@luxeprw9 wrote:

Congrats!  Your track record with BOA is impressive!

Thanks, but DW blows me out of the water!  $22k - $25k with auto-CLI.  Then her 3 HPs resulted in $40k, $60k, and now $70k - on a single card.  Glad that credit is not a competition!

I've been following your progress because I am working on my BOA card.  Based on your previous post, you indicated that BOA loves high utilization.  But what about hard pulls?  Are they sensitive to that?  I have 6 so far (3 from BOA alone - 2 declines and 1 approval) and it's freaking me out!!  I want to grow this card but I'm concerned with excessive hard pulls.

In my experience, they've been indifferent to my INQ's. My TU has 13 HP's on it, and BoA is 7 of them. 

Message 25 of 39
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@luxeprw9 wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@luxeprw9 wrote:

Congrats!  Your track record with BOA is impressive!

Thanks, but DW blows me out of the water!  $22k - $25k with auto-CLI.  Then her 3 HPs resulted in $40k, $60k, and now $70k - on a single card.  Glad that credit is not a competition!

I've been following your progress because I am working on my BOA card.  Based on your previous post, you indicated that BOA loves high utilization.  But what about hard pulls?  Are they sensitive to that?  I have 6 so far (3 from BOA alone - 2 declines and 1 approval) and it's freaking me out!!  I want to grow this card but I'm concerned with excessive hard pulls.

In my experience, they've been indifferent to my INQ's. My TU has 13 HP's on it, and BoA is 7 of them. 

Good to know!  Thanks for sharing!

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 26 of 39
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, K!  Great CLI’s!

Message 27 of 39
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Hey, wait a minute...I know that particular Jordan's Furniture.....

Congrats on the nice BoA CLIs, even though they aren't anywhere near 7 figures  lol

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 28 of 39
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Wow... that's super impressive!  Smiley Very Happy

Great job and congrats!  screamer.gif

puppyboss.jpg

Message 29 of 39
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@simplynoir wrote:

How fluid is BoA with regards to PC for cards? I plan to app for the PR card initially but I don't know if I want to keep it long term but I also acknowledge I might want to go back if I have remorse doing it. So just curious how they treat going from one card to another so to speak.

Sorry I got busy last night and now I've got some catching up to do!

It's fairly easy with a quick phone call, although with PCs you sometimes might need to use the HUCA method until you get a CSR that knows how to do a product change.  PCs are such a common practice at Chase that I'm surprised it's not one of the phone menu options, but they appear to be so rarely done at BoA that many CSRs have no idea how to do it.  The downside is that unlike Chase where the change appears online in about 5 minutes and you get the card within a week, BoA PCs all seem to be manually done and it takes a few days before your online account reflects the change and it can take up to a month to actually receive the new physical card!

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.