cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekend Update: Almost $100k BoA + store card

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Weekend Update: Almost $100k BoA + store card

Congrats on the CLIs there, sir! Goal is almost in sight...

Message 11 of 39
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@bruisedcredit wrote:

That’s awesome K! I’m going to give it 6 months between requests this time instead of my typical 3 and see if I can squeeze out a more substantial increase from them.

I wish there was an easy way for us to be able to tell whether it actually makes a difference or not.  As you can see by my dates, I got 5-digit CLIs just 3-4 months after receiving others.  Cash Rewards is the only one that I've requested where I waited more than 6 months and it was "only" (oh boy do I sound jaded now!) $7500, although that was a 2X CLI so nothing to sneeze at.  Best of luck, though!

Right.. I know...I was on a pretty good roll with them up until Nov when my last cli request(s) only yielded $3,900 total between both my Merrill + & 123 Rewards. I even used that pull to app for Premier Rewards and of course declined. Figure now it’s time for me to cool my heels with them for at least 6 months this time and it might yield some nice results down the road. 😉

FICO08 Jan 2020 (TU 743) (EQ 746) (EXP 770)
FICO09 Jan 2020 (TU 786) (EQ 791) (EXP 788)
TCL $700K+
Message 12 of 39

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Congrats on the progress, K! I'm tempted to hit the CLI button on my 123, but I'm using it for a massive BT consolidation that has it pegged at 80% utilization for the next three months, at least. I'll pay a chunk of it off in March, when I need a score boost for a new car loan. 

Thanks (and thanks to everyone else, as well)!  You may be interested to read the first post from my thread nearly a year ago.  This BoA CLI-mania began with massive CLIs on 3 cards that had 70-82% utilization from balance transfers.  BoA loves high utilization, as long as it's on their own cards and not across the board with other lenders as well. Smiley Wink

@bruisedcredit I think I've seen more people denied for Premium Rewards than approved; don't take it personally!

Message 13 of 39
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!  Your track record with BOA is impressive!

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 14 of 39
Valued Contributor

Congrats Buddy🍾🎈🎉🎊. BOA obviously loves you. I am due for a cli. I’m not asking for a while. The last one was like a 130% increase. I don’t run a ton of spend on it. It won’t have any interest until December. Then I PC to a reward card. May use for a BT soon though. And for the love of god keep warm. 🌬🌞

(10/05/18)
Message 15 of 39

@luxeprw9 wrote:

Thanks, but DW blows me out of the water!  $22k - $25k with auto-CLI.  Then her 3 HPs resulted in $40k, $60k, and now $70k - on a single card.  Glad that credit is not a competition!

Message 16 of 39
Community Leader
Super Contributor

How fluid is BoA with regards to PC for cards? I plan to app for the PR card initially but I don't know if I want to keep it long term but I also acknowledge I might want to go back if I have remorse doing it. So just curious how they treat going from one card to another so to speak.

Message 17 of 39
Community Leader
Super Contributor

The B-town baller has done it again! lol
Congrats man!
Message 18 of 39
Frequent Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@luxeprw9 wrote:

Thanks, but DW blows me out of the water!  $22k - $25k with auto-CLI.  Then her 3 HPs resulted in $40k, $60k, and now $70k - on a single card.  Glad that credit is not a competition!

I've been following your progress because I am working on my BOA card.  Based on your previous post, you indicated that BOA loves high utilization.  But what about hard pulls?  Are they sensitive to that?  I have 6 so far (3 from BOA alone - 2 declines and 1 approval) and it's freaking me out!!  I want to grow this card but I'm concerned with excessive hard pulls.

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 19 of 39
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Congrats on the progress, K! I'm tempted to hit the CLI button on my 123, but I'm using it for a massive BT consolidation that has it pegged at 80% utilization for the next three months, at least. I'll pay a chunk of it off in March, when I need a score boost for a new car loan. 

Thanks (and thanks to everyone else, as well)!  You may be interested to read the first post from my thread nearly a year ago.  This BoA CLI-mania began with massive CLIs on 3 cards that had 70-82% utilization from balance transfers.  BoA loves high utilization, as long as it's on their own cards and not across the board with other lenders as well. Smiley Wink

@bruisedcredit I think I've seen more people denied for Premium Rewards than approved; don't take it personally!

HOLY FRIGGIN CRAP, K!!!! Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Request 40K, got 30K, which is a 50% increase! I guess there was no need to wait until March, but there goes my spade, lol

Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 2.29.48 PM.png

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.