Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Autograph CLI - $1700 to $5100! 😳

tag
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Autograph CLI - $1700 to $5100! 😳

Congratulations on your Wells Fargo Autograph CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 11 of 23
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your Wells Fargo Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

FavorablePotableDorado-max-1mb.gif

Message 12 of 23
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@LADave wrote:

I mentioned this earlier as a data point in a different thread about whether/how WF uses account balances when granting CLIs (Re: Shut down my Wells Fargo checking account - BA... - Page 3 - myFICO® Forums - 6637912). But a CLI is a CLI - and this was a significant one at that - so I wanted to celebrate it here!

About a month ago, WF denied a CLI request for my WF Autograph card. Since then, I paid it off. A few days later, BAM- I got a CLI on the card from $1,700 to $5,100 - 3X larger than before.

Congrats.  I have seen multiple reports from people getting CLIs after closing their checking accounts so I've decided to do the same and see what happens.  5+  years with  my checking account there and have never gotten a CLI.  Granted I have a BK 13 on my reports for another 6-12 months but I'm still tired of the "checking account balance too low" denial excuse.

So now when I apply for a CLI later this year on my Plat and Reflect cards (after my reports are clean) WF will have to come up with a different excuse.  I've moved all my DD's to NFCU.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 13 of 23
LADave
Established Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

@LADave wrote:

I mentioned this earlier as a data point in a different thread about whether/how WF uses account balances when granting CLIs (Re: Shut down my Wells Fargo checking account - BA... - Page 3 - myFICO® Forums - 6637912). But a CLI is a CLI - and this was a significant one at that - so I wanted to celebrate it here!

About a month ago, WF denied a CLI request for my WF Autograph card. Since then, I paid it off. A few days later, BAM- I got a CLI on the card from $1,700 to $5,100 - 3X larger than before.

Congrats.  I have seen multiple reports from people getting CLIs after closing their checking accounts so I've decided to do the same and see what happens.  5+  years with  my checking account there and have never gotten a CLI.  Granted I have a BK 13 on my reports for another 6-12 months but I'm still tired of the "checking account balance too low" denial excuse.

So now when I apply for a CLI later this year on my Plat and Reflect cards (after my reports are clean) WF will have to come up with a different excuse.  I've moved all my DD's to NFCU.

Let us know what happens! I was getting ready to close mine and then I got a CLI. I now suspect that WF will use higher balances as an excuse to grant a CLI, and when we're declined they're letting us know they couldn't use our bank balances as a reason to grant a CLI in a way that makes it sounds like we're being penalized. I wish they were a lot more transparent in what they're looking for, and how balances factor into their decision. 

Message 14 of 23
mgood
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the 3x increase!

This may be partial explaination for what happened to mine. I've said in a couple of places here that I got a requested CLI and then two weeks later got an auto-CLI. That had me a bit confused. But what I left out of that story was that my 0% period was just about over and about the time of all this CLI business, I paid off about $3200 that I'd been letting ride there. I'm thinking that's what triggered the 2nd increase after reading your story. I think someone else recently got a good CLI from them right after making a big payment.

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 23
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 15 of 23
LADave
Established Contributor

@mgood wrote:

Congrats on the 3x increase!

This may be partial explaination for what happened to mine. I've said in a couple of places here that I got a requested CLI and then two weeks later got an auto-CLI. That had me a bit confused. But what I left out of that story was that my 0% period was just about over and about the time of all this CLI business, I paid off about $2300 that I'd been letting ride there. I'm thinking that's what triggered the 2nd increase after reading your story. I think someone else recently got a good CLI from them right after making a big payment.

That makes a lot of sense to me. It's quite possible that I would have got an auto CLI for paying it off if I hadn't made a request. For all I know, WF could have given me a completely different (lower or higher) auto CLI if I hadn't thrown them a number to them in my earlier CLI request.

Perhaps in the future, I'll just throw out a high number I don't expect to get on my CLI requests and see whether they bite. 😂 They're known to counter with a lower number if they don't accept the requested amount (that's what happend on my first request with them),

(My 0% period is stil on for a few months, but I had the money available and wanted to see what would happen to my FICOs and my credit line if I paid it off.)

Message 16 of 23
nytokyobred79
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the auto love and very nice increase. 

Avoided credit cards after ruining my financial health but got back into the game in 2019 after a 20 year hiatus
Total Revolving CL- $204,500 | Order of Opened Cards
Delta SkyMiles Blue- SL-$1K | CL- $22.6K
(pc'd from SkyMiles Platinum back to Blue)
Delta SkyMiles Reserve- SL- $10K | CL- $20K
Chase Sapphire Reserve- SL $20K | CL- $39K
Cap 1 Venture Rewards- SL $10K | CL $ 19.5K
Amex Everyday Preferred- SL $13.1K | CL $10K ( moved some limits around )
Chase Freedom Unlimited: SL $23.4K| CL $36.8K
BOA Unlimited Cash SL: $20.8K| CL $10.8K(moved some limits around)
BOA Travel Rewards SL: $20.8K | CL $5.8K(moved some limits around)
Amex Blue Cash Everyday SL: $10K
Amex Green Card: NPSL / POT: 17K
BOA BankAmericard: SL: $5K | CL: $30K
Message 17 of 23
49erFaithful85
Valued Member

Congrats on a very nice increase! Hadn't heard of this card but its now on the goal list. Smiley Very Happy

SavorOne $700 | TD Double Up $800 | Target $1100 | Wayfair $4300 | Discover (AU) $12,000

EX - 638 | TU - 670 | EQ 720
Message 18 of 23
LADave
Established Contributor

@49erFaithful85 wrote:

Congrats on a very nice increase! Hadn't heard of this card but its now on the goal list. Smiley Very Happy

It's become one of my favorites. It's got 3% back on some of the highest spend categories (gas, travel, dining, phone/Internet with cell phone insurance), as well as streaming, with 1% back on everything else.  IMHO it was more of a no-brainer when the SUB was $300, but the SUB is still compelling at $200.

I transitioned my dining spending to my SavorOne card after I got that because the CL on my Autograph was so low. Capital One gave me an easier CLI on the SavorOne (and a higher SL), so I might continue to use that card as my primary card for dining, groceries and entertainment. But WF does seem to have rewarded me for my heavy use of the Autograph, and for paying it off early during the 0% intro period.

Message 19 of 23
49erFaithful85
Valued Member

It would be the reverse for me. SavorOne card is slowly inching toward $1000 with $100 increases every six months. Been banking with Wells Fargo for about a year now but haven't paid attention to credit cards in general for awhile. Prefer to replace SavorOne with Autograph. Excited about the categories! Smiley Happy Not sure if I'd be approved at the moment though. Scores hovering around 680. Will attempt in April after paying a 0% card carrying a balance down to $0. 

SavorOne $700 | TD Double Up $800 | Target $1100 | Wayfair $4300 | Discover (AU) $12,000

EX - 638 | TU - 670 | EQ 720
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.