Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Cash Wise

tag
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Wells Fargo Cash Wise

I got a preapproval for this card in the mail about two months ago with a solid APR.  I initially asked around about it and I decided that I didn't need it, as it was basically the same as my QuickSilver.  Fast forward to a few weeks ago, and I had a change of heart after a couple of large expenses (vet bill and car repair bill).  Yes, I could have paid cash for these, but I figured a 0% balance transfer rate would be appealing.

I applied online, and got the "We need to verify some of your information before we make a credit decision," screen.  I figured I would get a request for my tax records or some such, but I never did.  About a week later, a new card showed up in the mail with an $11,000 SL.   What's more interesting is that instead of the 12 month 0% BT offer, I actually got 15 months.  No mention of the $200 spend bonus that I see online now, but it wasn't mentioned in the mailer I responded to, so that's my fault I guess!

The only odd thing is that with an $11K SL, I would have assumed it would be a Visa Signature, but its not.

On the plus side, the starting limit increases my available credit, so I can get rid of my $1K Cabela's Visa that hasn't grown for three years, and two or three of my Commenity SCT cards I got.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Cash Wise

Way to go, CONGRATS!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 2 of 8
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Out with the small and in with the big.  Something like that

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 8
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! My DW has one. She got it last week with a $22000 credit line. $200 after 1k spend and 0% 12 months purchases and BT's.

Message 5 of 8
rprisco
Regular Contributor

I'd hang on to cabelas they are switching over to capital one sometime very soon and maybe you'll fair better for a cli. I have no idea when cap1 is taking over, but it should be Oct or Nov I think (3rd qtr).
Current Scores as of 8/18/17 all FICO 8 EQ: 695 EX: 673 *fico2 699 TU:645 bio has more.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dalmus wrote:

I got a preapproval for this card in the mail about two months ago with a solid APR.  I initially asked around about it and I decided that I didn't need it, as it was basically the same as my QuickSilver.  Fast forward to a few weeks ago, and I had a change of heart after a couple of large expenses (vet bill and car repair bill).  Yes, I could have paid cash for these, but I figured a 0% balance transfer rate would be appealing.

I applied online, and got the "We need to verify some of your information before we make a credit decision," screen.  I figured I would get a request for my tax records or some such, but I never did.  About a week later, a new card showed up in the mail with an $11,000 SL.   What's more interesting is that instead of the 12 month 0% BT offer, I actually got 15 months.  No mention of the $200 spend bonus that I see online now, but it wasn't mentioned in the mailer I responded to, so that's my fault I guess!

The only odd thing is that with an $11K SL, I would have assumed it would be a Visa Signature, but its not.

On the plus side, the starting limit increases my available credit, so I can get rid of my $1K Cabela's Visa that hasn't grown for three years, and two or three of my Commenity SCT cards I got.

Do you have any other account with WF prior to this application? I am thinking to apply for this card but I closed my WF checking almost 18 months ago

Message 7 of 8
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

I have no deposit accounts, but my auto loan is through WF.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.