cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Credit Card Approved!!!!!!

actinphunky22

Wells Fargo Credit Card Approved!!!!!!

The past year I've been on a debt management plan and paid off about $22,000 to principal balance.  I still have a good chunk to go.  But during that time I had to close all my cards.  Living with no credit cards isn't terrible but sometimes you get to the end of the month with little to no flexibility and wish you had at least one card.

Anyhow, I haven't been able to get approved for any credit (FICO is 668 EQ, 674 TU, 655 EX) but I am a Wells Fargo checking and savings account customer.  I saw an alert in my checking account to apply for the Wells Fargo Rewards card.  I really did not want to add any more inquiries to my reports but I thought maybe I'd have a shot here since it is relationship banking.

Well, I applied fingers crossed....heart beating while the the screen was waiting for approval......and...email comes through saying its pending review.  I thought to myself ugh another card I will get declined for.

Well a few hours later I called to check status....APPROVED WITH CLI $15,000!!!!

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Credit Card Approved!!!!!!

Welcome to the forum! Great limit Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 25
actinphunky22

Thanks Smiley Very Happy  I am just wondering what the APR will be.  Do you have any insight if you think this approval was because of the relationship banking?  Or because Wells is one of the 4 nationals?  Or what?

Message 3 of 25
baller4life
Super Contributor

Omg thats awesome!! I better start checking my acct lol.
Message 4 of 25
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@actinphunky22 wrote:

Thanks Smiley Very Happy  I am just wondering what the APR will be.  Do you have any insight if you think this approval was because of the relationship banking?  Or because Wells is one of the 4 nationals?  Or what?

The relationship helped but it more then likely your complete credit file. You will have to call or wait for the letter for APR.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 25
FinStar

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Message 6 of 25
alvon123
Senior Contributor

congrats

Message 7 of 25
gdale6

Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 25
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Congrats… That is so awesome! I've been a happy WF customer for years. They gave me my first CC 2 years ago. I think having a banking relationship with them might help, I know it sure doesn't hurt. WTG!

Message 9 of 25
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.