Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Platinum Approved!

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Wells Fargo Platinum Approved!

Well on May 3rd my sister apped for Lenscrafters CC and it was an instant denial and they provided her with a Experian score of 702. So after the hardpul she decided why not apply for Wells Fargo Platinum? Shes already a WF customer so she just had to insert some quick info. Then after filling it out she submitted it and she got the 5-7 message we were like ohhhh well, I guess the garden it is. Well today she logged into her WF bank acct. and noticed an extra acct. was added and it was for the card she had applied on May 3rd. Strange how Lenscrafters(GE) denied her instantly with a decent score and history. Oh well thanks Wells Fargo! CL they provided was $1k and 6 months no interest(not the best offer but its better than nothing). Although its a plain card with no rewards it feels good to get approved from a prime lender! Thanks myFICO!!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Platinum Approved!

Tell her Congrats!!
What rate did she get?
I have a friend who has like a 7% rate and a 600'ish fico, which is weird. Seems like they genuinely value banking relationships.
Also, weird that she got denied a GE(Lenscrafters is GE, right?!) with a 702!!!

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 5
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Yeah your right they must value banking relationships. As to the rate we aren't sure since we just noticed the approval this morning. Thanks youngandcreditworthy I'll let her know! Best of all is not having to get the college version because since shes 19 banks might be kinda iffy although that cant be a reason to deni app. WF also pulled EX the same as GE so who knows what GE didnt like. as far as i know WF VISA is better than a Glasses store card Smiley Happy

P.S congrats on your recent CLI on your paypalextras MC!!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 3 of 5
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

WF is one of the cards I can't get since they require you to have a banking relationship! And I love my Chase checking :-)
Thanks for the congrats!
And rememeber to make sure she knows how to use that card right! 😄
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 5
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the reminder. She knows the consequences of not managing credit the right way. Do you think banks like the fact of seeing continous cash advances? For example lets say $300 every month but paying it in full before taking the other one out.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.