Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Propel Amex Approved!

tag
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Wells Fargo Propel Amex Approved!

Haven't app'd in a while and decided to finally see if Wells Fargo would allow me to play in their arena.  Burned them on a Platinum card in my BK13.  Only relationship I have with them since then is my Dillard's Amex at $6k which I've had for about 2 years.  App'd Thursday night and got the response  below via email a few moments after.  Fast forward to Friday got a call...verified name, address, and sent a text.  Approved for $4200.  I'll take it.  I guess they don't hate me that much after all. Just an FYI to those that apply - pending doesn't necessarily mean denied.  Pulled EX 702 according to CCT.  8 inquiries, and yes, my BK13 is still alive and well on my report.

Screen Shot 2018-07-21 at 3.48.56 AM.png

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Wells Fargo Propel Amex Approved!

It looks like the Propel train is still moving along nicely!  Smiley Very Happy

Congrats on the approval!  screamer.gif

JeanLucYes.jpg

Message 2 of 18
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats, hoping mine will show up today! I'm putting away my centurion Amex cards for a while. Only keeping one in my wallet. This will be the only Amex used for several months .
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:

Haven't app'd in a while and decided to finally see if Wells Fargo would allow me to play in their arena.  Burned them on a Platinum card in my BK13.  Only relationship I have with them since then is my Dillard's Amex at $6k which I've had for about 2 years.  App'd Thursday night and got the response  below via email a few moments after.  Fast forward to Friday got a call...verified name, address, and sent a text.  Approved for $4200.  I'll take it.  I guess they don't hate me that much after all. Just an FYI to those that apply - pending doesn't necessarily mean denied.  Pulled EX 702 according to CCT.  8 inquiries, and yes, my BK13 is still alive and well on my report.

Screen Shot 2018-07-21 at 3.48.56 AM.png

Super Congrats on your Amex Propel $4,200 SL! Smiley Very Happy

I greatly appreciate you sharing your data points,

especially your BK13 information. BTW, how long

ago was your BK13 discharged? It would be useful

to know how much lag time Wells Fargo waited before

approving your new Amex card even though your BK13

still appears on your files. Congrats once again! Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!
If I didn’t have the uber visa I would be all over this card.
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 7 of 18
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Received only the price you pay for credit letter today.
By the way, Wells Fargo uses FICO 9 EX scoring for apps now. The letter stated my EX score is a 798. Which is FICO 9 . They claim it's for educational purposes on the WF site, but clearly they are using it now in house.
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats @Loquat

Message 9 of 18
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks all.  I was pretty shocked at this one myself since I hear how conservative Wells Fargo is and to add to it, I burned them in my BK13.  When it went pending I thought for sure an underwriter was going to be like "...haha, yeah right..." but to my surprise it was just verification.

As to the poster that asked about my BK13...it's due to fall off in a little over a year from now. 

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.