Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Propel Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo Propel Amex

Yea after thinking about it, I wasn't happy about the double pulls but it's actually a very good card to use as a daily with the point system they have & no AF.

If I can pay $250 AF for a Gold Amex I might as well get the same exact card for free lol +  more oppurtunity for points on gas/taxis/trains/hotels/tolls/parking & streaming services as opposed to the Gold.

Message 11 of 19
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

I finally got my card in the mail and called to ask for a higher SL. I was on hold for 45 freaking minutes and was transferred to like 3 different people. I was shopping with my mom at the time (started the phone call in the car and didn't know it was going to take this long) and I bent down to grab something and I accidentally hung up on her while she was reviewing my application. WHY DON'T THEY EVER CALL YOU BACK?? Ugh, this is the second time this has happened to me with Wells Fargo. The first time I was trying to convert my Platinum to the Cash Wise and we had completed everything. The guy asked me if I wanted to keep using my old card, or if I wanted a new card and the call got lost. Called back and they said they had no record of me converting my card. 

So I'm going to call back today after work and I'll let you know how that goes. 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 12 of 19
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the WF Propel! It's good to see a break from all the apple card approvals lol.

|  
Message 13 of 19
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Congrats and hope you get that CLI! That’s one of my favorite cards! I especially like the “Purchase-eraser” type feature of their rewards. Please don’t forget to update us. Smiley Happy

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 14 of 19
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Called them yesterday and it was a no go. "We want to see more history and more on time payments." they said. Not like I haven't had all these credit products with them and have shown good history already... Whatevs. I'll try again in like 6 months. 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Message 15 of 19
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

Actually, its 7 months with WF. Thats what I was told when I tried at 4. Tried again after 7 and did get a bump from 15 to 20K but it turned out being a HP. I think there is a limit to increases with a SP that may be around 1500 from what I have read of others experience on this forum.
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Wells Fargo Propel approval, been thinking about this one for awhile but am concerned about recent pulls and only a two year AAOA. 

Message 17 of 19
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the Wells Fargo Propel approval, been thinking about this one for awhile but am concerned about recent pulls and only a two year AAOA. 

Thanks! My AAoA is, well was, 2 years 6 months. The card hit my EX reports and it only dropped it down to 2 years, 2 months. My oldest account is 13 years, so that might be helping. Scores didn't go down once the account reported. I lost 1 point from the hard pull, and then got it back lol. 

I also have a very long relationship with Wells Fargo, which I'm sure helped.

Message 18 of 19
xiocc
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.