Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Propel Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo Propel Approval!

I've been thinking about this card for a while now and pulled the trigger last night. I'll be using it for gas while not on the 5% quarter for my chase freedom and for eating out. Plus, the cell phone credit is super cool! I was not approved immediately which seems to be common for non wells fargo customers. A quick call today from the CSR to verify my identity and boom! $7500 SL which isn't crazy but it's better than some others I've seen so I'm not sure if I'll recon or not.

So, if you apply for this card try not to stress if they "need to verify some information". It seems to be an identity verification or income if you're claiming a large income (I, unfortunately, don't have that problem haha!)

$7,500 SL
4y 11m AAoA before approval
FICO 8 scores in siggy
Took a 3 point hit on EX immediately, expecting to see the EQ double pull soon
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Propel Approval!

Congrats on your Propel, Very nice $7500 SLSmiley Happy

They hopefully will only SP EQ. or not at all.

(if you have access to your EQ, through the main site, you can check SP's)

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the WFP approval!

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats !

I tried for this card twice in since January...
First time they declined because they said I had to many inquires in the past several months.
Thus, I waited about 6 months and tried again. I actually opened a WF savings account first though just to hopfully grease the wheels a bit on my second try at the Propel card. I even put $5000 into the saving account the day I opened it. Then a few days later I applied for the Propel card.

They didn't decline me right away, but requested I give them 2 years of tax returns, W2's, and wanted me to sign one of those tax documents giving them permisson to go through my tax stuff...etc..  I have a feeling they would have approved my application if I had sent them all that documentation they requested, but I felt like it was a bit over-the-top and intrusive... I wanted the card, but I didn't want it bad enough to let them rifle around through my documents and taxes.

They said I could send it in within 30 days, and then after that my application would just expire, so I just let it expire.

I have been approved for 9 great credit cards in the last months, so it's not like I had to have this one... lol.  I declared a $148K income, so I don't know if that's what rung their "documents" required bell or not, but probably so.  But nobody else I applied with and was approved with asked me for any documents.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that is WAY over the top imo! Maybe it was the claimed income but still... Honestly, that's why I was worried when the asked for verification. I've heard other stories like that but yours takes the cake. Congratulations on all your other approvals! Just a card at the end of the day 👍
Message 5 of 14
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I've been thinking about this card for a while now and pulled the trigger last night. I'll be using it for gas while not on the 5% quarter for my chase freedom and for eating out. Plus, the cell phone credit is super cool! I was not approved immediately which seems to be common for non wells fargo customers. A quick call today from the CSR to verify my identity and boom! $7500 SL which isn't crazy but it's better than some others I've seen so I'm not sure if I'll recon or not.

So, if you apply for this card try not to stress if they "need to verify some information". It seems to be an identity verification or income if you're claiming a large income (I, unfortunately, don't have that problem haha!)

$7,500 SL
4y 11m AAoA before approval
FICO 8 scores in siggy
Took a 3 point hit on EX immediately, expecting to see the EQ double pull soon

You and me both

Congrats

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, as you said, at the end of the day they are all just another card. Certainly not a mortage application... lol

Anyway, I hope you will enjoy your new card !!!
Congrats again.

Message 7 of 14
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

AU

Message 8 of 14
TyRacing
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I was not approved immediately which seems to be common for non wells fargo customers. 

High Five! Way to Go! Smiley Happy

cool! so we can get approved without being a wells fargo customer? but the odds are slim

Thanks for sharing!

Have the Following:

CashBack Cards Goals: Citi Rewards+

Note to Self: Focus on the Abundance of Love and you shall have more!

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Wells Fargo Propel approval! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.