Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Propel Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo Propel Approval

I was suppose to start gardening after a Discover IT Cash Back card 8 days ago but I had been looking for a card I could use for Hyatt hotel stays since I already have Amex Hilton Aspire and Marriott Boundless and Amex Bonvoy card. With COVID I am more interested in cash back versus hotel points so I kept reading about the Wells Fargo Amex Propel and the 3x points on hotel spend with no annual fees would work perfect as I start to travel a little more with short leisure trips and work travel potentially coming back. I have read on here about this being a tough card so I just said let's go for it. Wells pulls from EX and my FICO 9 score was 698 also keep in mind I have had a checking account with them since 2014 which I did recently switch to Charles Schwab. I also had the rewards Visa from them since 2014 but only with a $1000 line. Instantly approved for $8,500 SL. Have 3 new cards opened in last 12 months. Look forward to getting the card to meet the SUB of 20k points for $1000 spend in 3 months which won't be an issue. Just wanted to give another data point especially in COVID times 

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo Propel Approval

congrats!!

Message 2 of 34
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Wells Fargo Propel approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 3 of 34
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats! 👍  Having relationship with them certainly helps.

Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval and a really nice SL. I'm watching that card too. Would love to get it but I have never had any WF relationship and I'd want to let my EX inquiries cool off and fade awhile. 

Someday though.

Message 5 of 34
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 6 of 34
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Pretty good SL for Wells too, grats and welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

Message 8 of 34
RootDet
Established Contributor

Congrats. As a heads up, you can ask for a credit line increase after 6 months. I tried calking in today for a 4 month request and it shot me down. So you must wait 6 months for sure. 

Apparently, at WF, they are very very clear and if the system does not soft approve or auto decline, then they will ask for a hard pull. So you can ask for a cli and backout of the hard if you do not get a computer-based approval.  I suspect WF is redoing some processes for clarity after all the recent scandals. 

Message 9 of 34
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!! This card will give you 3x points at a vending machines also; I know from experience. Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.