Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Propel SP CLI @ 10 mo.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo Propel SP CLI @ 10 mo.

Decided to call Wells Fargo to see if I could get an increase on my 10 month old Propel card (sitting at 5K). I am planning a lot of travel this summer and would like to use it as my primary card for hotels along with the fact that there is a 10X points offer for groceries through July. 

Rep was fast an efficent. Asked for 10K and they gave me a bump to $8.8K (Soft Pull only). Still one of my lower limit cards, but I will take it! 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Propel SP CLI @ 10 mo.

Thats insane, congratsSmiley Happy getting WF sp is like pulling teeth lol, id imagine you use your card heavy?
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use the card for 3X categories exclusively. 

Message 3 of 13
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your increase

Message 4 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I would like to call for an sp cli since ive had my card over a year but it comes off like it will be hp and i just use it for subscription services so im not hopeful id get it figuring my spend and incomeSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was prepared for the HP, it was only a soft. 

Message 6 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good to know. Since im starting my 0/24 campaign, the risk of a hp isnt worth it to me at this time. Holy fico i already made it a month🤯
Message 7 of 13
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Good to know. Since im starting my 0/24 campaign, the risk of a hp isnt worth it to me at this time. Holy fico i already made it a month🤯

We all believe in you. 

Congrats on the SP increase, OP! Getting a CLI after 10 months isn’t bad at all! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 8 of 13
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I got SP CLI with little use.  Maybe they changed?

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 9 of 13
atst2000
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Decided to call Wells Fargo to see if I could get an increase on my 10 month old Propel card (sitting at 5K). I am planning a lot of travel this summer and would like to use it as my primary card for hotels along with the fact that there is a 10X points offer for groceries through July. 

Rep was fast an efficent. Asked for 10K and they gave me a bump to $8.8K (Soft Pull only). Still one of my lower limit cards, but I will take it! 

OP you gave me the courage to call and ask myself.  I tried about 6 months ago and it was a no...had the card since Sept last year.

Called today and asked for 10K (sitting at $6500) and countered at $8200 and was a SP.  Weird number but I'll take anything lol.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.