Established Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo and more

Congrats...I think they use FICO2

Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval.
A quick question do you bank with them? Did you get preapproval or you just decided to apply on your own.
Thanks
Message 22 of 30
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on approval.
A quick question do you bank with them? Did you get preapproval or you just decided to apply on your own.
Thanks

I was just searching for a card with a fairly high SUB online...I actually jumped out of the garden for a CLI on chase amazon prime, the wells fargo was an afterthought to get some free money before hiding in the garden again. I am disabled, so I do no traveling, so the really high SUB of travel cards does not work for me. I have no other business with WF. It seems that most of my mail offers these days are for cards like luxury gold mastercard and such...$995 AF...have they lost their minds, I do not care if it is actually 24k gold plated. Amex has also been trying to get me into their ritzy exclusive card for a while..Platinum card I think...550 AF. When will these issuers figure out I do not want cards with an AF.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 23 of 30
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

WF holds, or at least services, our Mortgage for the last 15+ years and I've never had any issues with them even in 2007-2008 when we had a couple of 60 day lates (they reported to the CRA's but took no AA - of course the real estate market was crashing at that time), caught up on the mortgage quickly and have never been late since. We don't bank with WF, but when the Cash Wise card came out we got an invite and approval  with a similar SL (16k), no problems, no issues.

Personally I don't think any of the big banks are our "friend" be that Chase, Citi, BoA (especially), WF or any of the others - I do business with all of them because I'm in it for my benefit - that said, Credit One and the like....I won't go that far.

Congrats on a good card and nice SL.  

Message 24 of 30
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Congrats, I just got a Cash Wise card too.  Oddly, I also got the same limit you did.  

I must say it is one of the brightest cards out there.  I heard it even glows in the dark......   

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 25 of 30
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@TiggerDat wrote:

Congrats, I just got a Cash Wise card too.  Oddly, I also got the same limit you did.  

I must say it is one of the brightest cards out there.  I heard it even glows in the dark......   

yellow with sparkles and red edge...but you made me look...does not glow in dark.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

WF pulls fico bankcard02 

Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tigger can you plz share your scores?
And do you currently bank with WF or had an invitation?
Thanks
Message 28 of 30
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

@sarge12 wrote:

OK...today I recieved a letter from Wells Fargo giving me the information on my credit pull that was used to consider my application. Frankly, it has me baffled. It says my score from equifax which ranges from 300-850, was 830. I monitor my fico 08 scores with credit check total and know my fico 08 score from equifax has been a very stable 818. Does anyone know what score model Wells Fargo uses? It could not be a bankcard score because it ranges up to 900. This is an unexpected surprise.

I'm not sure what model they use but I wanted to jump in here and say your scores are awesome and congrats!!!

RockinRay...800+ credit scores are really not hard to get or maintain, anyone can do it. Just pay all bills on time every month, keep utilization low, and after maybe 5 years they will get there. It really is not all that difficult, or all that great of an accomplishment. The problem many have is their debt is too high of a percentage of their income which leads to sometimes being late on payments, and really high scores do require a fairly spotless history with no lates, public records or anything like that. I have maintained 800+ even showing some new accounts and inqueries. If I can stay in the garden for 2 years, I'm sure I can reach 850 across the board.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
Message 29 of 30
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Tigger can you plz share your scores?
And do you currently bank with WF or had an invitation?
Thanks

My scores are about 750, no I don't bank with them but did in the past so I might have a profile with them, and no invitation.  I have about 5 - 6 inquiries on each report.

I banked with them before they were Wells Fargo and I think I might have applied with them in the past, but not certain.  If I did I was rejected and it was during my rebuild phase.  

All I knew when I applied is that I wanted the signup bonus and that I won't be able to apply for cards in the near future as I will be transferred back overseas.  

I just wanted to collect up some signup bonuses before leaving and and have a little extra breathing room for payments.  I normally PIF, but since I will be paid in a foreign currency I will have to transfer the money to the US.  Now I can pay over time and not worry about how often I transfer money.  

I had a strategy for my rebuild which worked out well, now I have a strategy to rack up some signup bonuses and pay over time.  Without a good strategy success is harder.  It's going to be a long time before I get any more inquiries, so I can age everything nicely and keep my uitilization down.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.