cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo bait & Switch Rewards visa to Platinum visa! Did I miss something?

tag
Eric958
Established Contributor

Wells Fargo bait & Switch Rewards visa to Platinum visa! Did I miss something?

Even the email I received says "Wells Fargo Rewards Visa " but it just showed up on my account as Platinum Visa. Has this happened to anyone else? Guess I'll call in the morning.

Never Give Up!!
19 REPLIES 19
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo bait & Switch Rewards visa to Platinum visa! Did I miss something?

Are you sure the Platinum Visa doesn't have rewards?  It might say it is Platinum but still have rewards.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 2 of 20
Eric958
Established Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo bait & Switch Rewards visa to Platinum visa! Did I miss something?

No rewards, just says 15 mth zero apr / No annual fee

Never Give Up!!
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an issue where I applied and was approved for the wells fargo rewards visa signature.. I got my card and it was the platinum rewards visa.
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

The VS and Plat version show up as just "VS" or "platinum Visa" on the login.

My VS doesn't say anything about Rewards but I earn them every month. You will receive a Go Far Rewards account that is separate. It will contain your rewards after each statement cut.
Message 5 of 20
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Mine shows as Visa Platinum as well, and all three of my scores are over 800. I was unable to add my non-Wells Fargo checking account as the payment account, but after an hour on the phone with CSA, they assured me that once I have a balance to pay a link will show to add non-WF account as the payment account...we shall see. So far Wells Fargo seems to be giving barclaycard and TD bank a real run for their money on which one sux the most. Definately having some serious buyers remorse here in spite of the fairly high 15000 dollar starting limit. Can hardly wait to recieve the SUB so I can throw this crappy card in the SD archive. Wells Fargo should have stuck to stage coaches....at least for the time they did that well and even protected the strong boxes from thieves and trail robbers. Now today they instead hire these types of thieves to run the company. Even with all the bad press, I insanely signed up for this waste of perfectly good plastic, I must have bumped my head. I wish I had been drunk at the time, so I would have an explainable excuse.

EDIT>>>

Update:::The 1 charge I made on this card finally stopped showing as pending, and posted. I was surprised to see that the CSR was indeed correct about being able to enter a payment account from a non Wells Fargo account and pay it. That being done, I am starting to feel a little less stressed about this card. They could have had a FAQ section to explain this weird way the online service worked on that, so I would not have had to spend an hour on the phone trying to troubleshoot this issue with a CSR who, at first did not know this herself. The first thing I do with any new card is set up the account with my pay from account information. Still not really liking this card, but may wind up hating it less than TD bank, and barclaycard...at least I'm hopeful...and I could care less wheather they call it platinum, silver, copper, or whatever else they choose. I definitely don't care if it is a signature card...have lots of them...never once have I used a signature benefit, nor do I expect to.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

sarge12 soften up Smiley Wink Likely you could rally a group of Myficoer's to join you on some fabulous trip scheduled through your "Signature Visa" Card(s)!
Message 7 of 20
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
sarge12 soften up Smiley Wink Likely you could rally a group of Myficoer's to join you on some fabulous trip scheduled through your "Signature Visa" Card(s)!

I was trying to do a fair and kind review of this card Dinosaur, I hope my enthusiasm for this Wells Forgo (misspelled on purpose) card could shine through.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
Message 8 of 20
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@Sarge

I think it is a bit weird they give you a $15,000 starting limit but don't give you the Signature card.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 9 of 20
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@TiggerDat wrote:

@Anonymous

I think it is a bit weird they give you a $15,000 starting limit but don't give you the Signature card.

You think that is weird, the credit report they themselves oulled was equifax which they claimed reports scores from 300-850....my score is 830. My interest rate is determined by that score and can range from 13.74 - 25.74...so what is mine with an 830 score pull with the best possible score being 850....wait for it......21.74%.....Thats right, my credit pull which was only 20 points shy of perfect was only good enough to give me a 21.74% interest rate when it could be between 13.74 and 25.74 based on credit worthiness **bleep**!!!

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.