Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo graduation!!

tag
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo graduation!!

@Tischer712 wrote:
They graduated me October 30th. Will officially go in effect on December 3rd. Hopefully I will get the money back just before Christmas. It will definitely help

You will get back your security deposit very soon. I'd be surprised if you haven't recieved it by the end of the week. When mine was unsecured the money was returned about 3 days after they notified me. It took a couple weeks to get the new card and I could still use the new card until then. The new card has no AF.

Congrats.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 11 of 61
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Congradulations. Always pay on time and in full and your score will continue to climb!.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 12 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just curious but did the graduation come electronically or by mail? What was the process like?
Message 13 of 61
Tischer712
Regular Contributor

The graduation came by mail. Not a single notice on the Website. Just a piece of mail. My card turned one year In October. I had been told I did not qualify for a graduation and would be considered in April. Then out of no where I received this notice. I was told by a CSR that there is no CLI included, but my money will be refunded. As of December 3rd, the option to request a CLI will be available and I could try then.

Starting Score: myFico Scores Equifax 544 Transunion 585
Current Score: myFico Scores Equifax 655 Transunion 663 Experian 645
Goal Score: 700 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 61
baronofthenorth
New Contributor

Still waiting on mine.  Partially unsecured right now (700 on deposit, 1100 CL).  I called last month and the month before - no dice.  One CSR tried to go the "app for a new account" route, which I promptly refused.  Kathy Mattea had a great song back in the 90's that comes to mind as I write this "Time Passes By".

EQ FICO 695 (4/26/2012)
TU FAKO CK 723
Lender Pulls (for mortgage) 12/03/2012 - 698 EQ, 729 TU, 721 EX
Business Cards: Discover Business Miles and US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards
Personal Cards: Capital One, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon, Wells Fargo Rewards, Amex Zync NPSL, Target, Chevron/Texaco Store Card and VISA, CareCredit
Message 15 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told that I wasn't approved in the October graduation so I went ahead and applied for a rewards card..I was approved for a $2,500 limit and was very confused as to why they hadn't graduated me.  I also got my graduation letter today for my $500 secured card, I called and was told that I will receive final confirmation on the 3rd of December. 

So my question is that if I decide to increase my deposit before I receive my original deposit back will it increase my chances of getting a higher credit increase? Any thoughts on the matter? I am thinking on putting another $1000 on it tomorrow...

Message 16 of 61
rc1078
Valued Member

I got the same letter Monday!  I am curious how long it takes to get the new card.  I am scared to call in cause I don't want to jinx it.  Also I would like to know since my secured card was 1000, will that be my CL with the new one, or will they look to increase or decrease it?

Thanks!

July 2012 TU 480, EQ 527, EX 495
Aug 2012 TU 475, EQ 527, EX 505
Sept 2012 TU 530, EQ 585, EX 595
Oct 2012 TU 640, EQ 605, EX 615
Message 17 of 61
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was told that I wasn't approved in the October graduation so I went ahead and applied for a rewards card..I was approved for a $2,500 limit and was very confused as to why they hadn't graduated me.  I also got my graduation letter today for my $500 secured card, I called and was told that I will receive final confirmation on the 3rd of December. 

So my question is that if I decide to increase my deposit before I receive my original deposit back will it increase my chances of getting a higher credit increase? Any thoughts on the matter? I am thinking on putting another $1000 on it tomorrow...

thats what i am going to do if dont qualify for the April graduation (when i am eligible)...i will just apply for the unsecured card and hope for the same resutls. My secured card has a limit of 3000. and have a good payment history with them and my balance has been no higher than 850, just sent a 500 payoff payment.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 18 of 61
Tischer712
Regular Contributor

Good luck to you guys!!

As of today 11-10-2012 I still havent received the refund or new card. Not in too much of a rush. Just hope it comes before the next reporting date, because the refund of the deposit will go towards paying off all my credit cards, and once again have under 9% util on all my card...Fingers crossed!! When i put 250/300 and 260/376 on my cards i saw a drop of almost 40 points on Equifax. Getting those points back will surely help!

Starting Score: myFico Scores Equifax 544 Transunion 585
Current Score: myFico Scores Equifax 655 Transunion 663 Experian 645
Goal Score: 700 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 61
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Congrats on your graduation!

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 20 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.