Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Went 2 for 3 in Unplanned Mini App Spree

tag
ntx
Regular Contributor

Went 2 for 3 in Unplanned Mini App Spree

I've been checking Amex pre-qual for several months now, and all they've shown for me was the Amex Platinum. It's strange if they show the Platinum that they don't also show the Gold and Green cards. Regardless, I don't want to pay the annual fee for any of them, so I've skipped applying up until Saturday Nov. 7th, when their pre-qual showed most of their Delta and Hilton cards.

I saw that one of the Hilton Honors cards didn't have an annual fee, so I applied. They pulled EX, and instant approval $8,000 SL, APR 24.74%. I PIF so I don't care about the APR. I don't travel so I don't really care about the Hilton rewards points either - I will donate those. What I do care about is having an Amex card again, and I have that once more. Smiley Happy  ( Member since 1984, I had closed the Green card I had before many months prior to BK7 for other reasons ). 

I decided then to apply for the Apple card based on info I read here in these forums, and knowing they would pull TU. I'm not particularly an Apple fan or hater, I've just always used Windows or Linux and Android. But some work I'm doing for clients is forcing me to the Apple world now, plus I wanted to add a Mastercard and another issuer to the mix, so it seemed to be a reasonable card to apply for. I added some items to my shopping cart on their site, then applied for the card there and received the "Under review" message. On Sunday evening I got an email notifying me of approval, $2,400 SL, 21.99% APR.

I should have stopped there, but I got overconfident and tried a BBVA pre-qual. It showed a $4500 limit, and I applied. They pulled EX and asked for POI on Monday the 9th, and I sent that info right away. But I didn't hear back from them and finally called them today, CS told me I was denied. I will update this post with the reason when I get their letter. Probably credit seeking with the new Amex pull showing. 

MyFICO as of 11/7:

EQ8 678, TU8 643, EX8 673

EQ9 712, TU9 696, EX9 717

Income $59,200

BK7 filed 03/14, discharged 06/14

2 existing cards from NFCU, CR $10,000 opened April 3, MR $6,000 opened July 27,  <1% util. 

Pre-approved new auto loan from NFCU, $27K balance from original $28.7K, opened Sept. 14, 2.29% APR, 72 months

So I'm off to the garden for a long while now. All IIB baddies should fall off my report next March / April, so I will probably wait until towards the end of the summer at the earliest to apply for anything else. I have 4 cards now from 3 lenders, including 1 CU and 2 banks, on Visa, Amex, and MC networks, plus a Navy auto loan, and that should be more than enough credit mix to finish out my rebuild. When I'm ready to apply for another card I'm sure it will be my 3rd Navy one, and once I'm approved for that I'll be off to the perma-garden. Smiley Wink

As always, my thanks to everyone here for your ongoing knowledge, guidance, and support! 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Went 2 for 3 in Unplanned Mini App Spree

2 out of 3 aint bad !

Congrats

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 11
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Both AMEX and Apple are good approvals in my opinion and both offer SP CLI's in the relatively near future after opening the account so overall....great job!  Congratulations!

Message 3 of 11
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approvals!

Message 4 of 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!
Message 5 of 11
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 6 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 7 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to your successes Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
dudefromtx
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approvals!

Message 9 of 11
CAS2019
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting Score: 784
Current Score: 784
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Club Member" border="0" width="50" height="67" align="right">

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.