Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Went on a spree after buying first house

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Went on a spree after buying first house

went on a spree this week after closing on my first house 2 weeks ago. probably going to pay for it for a while, but was personally impressed with what happened. AMEX Hilton Honors CL1000, AMEX Blue Everyday CL500, TruValue Discover CL1500, Sportsmans Guide Visa CL2500, Williams and Sonoma Visa CL2000, Honda LOC8300, PenFed Power Cash CL10000. was also approved for a total rewards visa at 2500, but auditing cought it and cancelled as soon as i activated it.   prior to this all i had were a few store cards and 3 CC each at 1250. guess ill be in the garden until further notice. had a couple of 7-10 day notices, and thats when i figured enough was enough.   started this journey 22 months ago with scores in the low 500's, now 660-690, until this barage hits.  thanks to all of you for your stories and advise. wouldn't be where i am now without y'all

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Went on a spree after buying first house

I'd be very careful with all of that... some of your current creditors might get spooked by the sudden credit increase, and some of the new creditors may quickly CLD by being spooked as well. Others might be able to chime in, but I applied for 3 credit cards in the same day about 3 years ago, and while I got generous credit lines for me at that time, my older creditor's reduced my credit lines/ did not give automatic CLI for a while.

But nonetheless, congrats on the approvals!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's why I'll be in the garden, probably until i refinance the house in 12-18 months.   Didn't realize how carried away i had gotten until i started reading ALL the emails.  

Message 3 of 5
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

That's why I'll be in the garden, probably until i refinance the house in 12-18 months.   Didn't realize how carried away i had gotten until i started reading ALL the emails.  

First off congrats on your new home! And yes with your recent app spree as long as you sit tight and let the new accounts/inquiries settle you should be fine.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you on your house! Good luck and be wise on the new CC.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.