Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a difference a year makes! Poor Credit to Homeowner mini App Spree

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a difference a year makes! Poor Credit to Homeowner mini App Spree

In February of 2015, I would have been denied for a Fingerhut secured card (no offense to anyone on this site but my credit was horrible). Fast forward a year later, and I am a proud new homeowner who chose to finance some new purchases Smiley Happy

Home Depot: Approved $500, reconsideration to $10K (only requested 10K) (no interest for 24 months)

Ashley Furniture: Approved for requested line of $5.9K (no interest for 24 months)

Care Credit...(dog decided to become paralyzed one day after move...major surgery and card was never in the plan): approved for $6.2K, will likely request increase to $10K for post op care Smiley Sad  ...Needless to say, my kitchen remodel and privacy fence are on hold.

Discover: decided to apply for another prime credit card and close crappy Barclay (I truly dislike Barclaycard): approved for $5.5K (will xfer balance from care credit since I have promotional 0% APR for one year and Care credit is 14.9)

Cards closed

Barclaycard $850 Limit

Victoria's Secret $850 Limit

NY&co $850 Limit

Just a reminder to all in the credit dumpster that things can change fast if they choose to pay attention to their credit Smiley Happy 

I have dreams of having a Macy's card (frequent shopper) but will hold off until I can pay off the furniture at Ashley's and close the account (I may renege on this and apply to fulfill my last card wish and enter the garden until 2017 for an Amex app)

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What a difference a year makes! Poor Credit to Homeowner mini App Spree

Congratulations!

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

With all those approval and decent SL I don't think you need to garden to get the Amex. Amex isn't inquiries sensitive.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is that true .. Amex does not mind inquiries .. would that be the Everyday Blue Card also?   

Message 4 of 17
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats...and sorry about your doggie. Hoping for a full recovery. Good luck!

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is that true .. Amex does not mind inquiries .. would that be the Everyday Blue Card also?   

I got the amex BCE and BCP with a SL of 18 and 12k the pulled ex for me and my score was 698 with 180k income. This was about 7 weeks ago and I have 32 inquires on file most is about 5-6 months have a few (6 or so) was a week before I applied for the amex

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you on your rebuild and getting some great new cards and a home!  Hope your doggy recovers quickly!! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the recovery and Home!  Keep up the great work!

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! That is awesome!! 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.