cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a great journey

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Established Contributor

What a great journey

A little over 3 years ago I joined this forum with credit scores in the low to mid 500s. Needless to say I have learned so much from all of you here. 2 years ago I recieved my first prime card with a CL of over $5K from Chase. Today, after 2 years in the garden I decided to see just how far I had come and had a mini spree. I apped for Citi, Discover, Chase Saphire Preferred and Wells Fargo Cash Wise as well as requesting a CLI from my BOA Cash Rewards. After the applications I came back with a mixed bag. Citi and Discover were immediate denials. Wells Fargo was an automatic approval with a SL of $10,000, my first 5 digit CL and my BOA was raised from $1600 to $5000. Chase gave me the 30 day message. So using what I have learned here I decided to call in. After a few verification questions and a few anxious moments on hold, I was rewarded with an approval and a SL of $16K. 

Now I am proud to say that I have come from only having a Credit One card with $750 limit to my DW and I having the cards in my sig with a total CL of over $85K. Definitely could not have done it without all the support and information here. Thank you all for everything. 

Only data points I have right now are Discover pulled EQ and score was 683. Income $144K, Util 32%, 2 baddies 6 years old

Now if I could just figure out how to crack Discover and Citi. Any chance with either of them on recon or is it a lost cause? It's become personal now. Ha.

Thanks again everyone.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Valued Contributor

Re: What a great journey

Congrats on the approvals and meeting your goals. Discover was the hardest for me as well; it took four applications before I was finally approved (this was back in 1998-1999). Keep trying once your new cards and inqiuiries age. Have they offered a secured version? Would you be willing to get a secured Discover? 

Message 2 of 6
Established Contributor

I wouild not consider a secured card at this point. I definitely would have a few years back, but not at this time.

I know everyone is different and had their own underwriting criteria, but I would not think they would be so different that I could get $16K from Chase & 10K from Wells Fargo and a straight out denial from Citi. All of those were on EX, Discover was EQ. Just interesting I think.

I plan on letting the new stuff age and trying them again in 6 mos or a year.  We shall see what time brings.

Message 3 of 6

Sweet, great progress and enjoy the new cards Smiley Happy

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 4 of 6
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the success of your journey...stay positive...Smiley Happy

American Express Business Gold(NPSL 10k) Chase CSP (25k) Pier 1(23.5k) BofA CR Siggy (20.8k) BofA BBR (22.1k) Amex BCP(18k) Overstock (21.1K) Lowes (17K) NFCU CLOC (15K) NFCU VS Cash (15K) Care Credit (15k) J Crew( 11.9k)Venture WMC (10.25k) Amex Everyday (10k) Chase Slate (10k) Walmart MC(10k) BB Visa (10k) Discover(9.5k☝️) PayPal Cashback Mastercard (8k) Chase FU (7.4k) Citi AAdvantage Gold World Elite (9.5K) Citi Double Cash (8.5k) Fidelity® Rewards Visa Signature® Card (6.5K) PenFed PCR (5K) PayPal Credit (4550)Discover (4.5k✌️) Kohls (3k) Chase Freedom (1500)

Mortgage May 2017 - 2 auto loans (1 PenFed and 1 Navy) Aug 2018=98K
Gardening until Aug 2020

FICO 8 Scores EX 693(7) EQ 687(9)TU 708(10)
AAOA 4yrs TCL=332,600
Message 5 of 6
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.