Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a run...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a run...

Ok so I have been working on my credit for a while now, I was really dumb in college and let a few things just slide that came back to bite me bad later on. Got married and when we tried to purchase a house my credit was mid 400's because the only accounts I ever held in my name were baddies. Yes, I was very nieve about how it would effect me when I was younger. Fast forward to 5 years later, I am in the mid 700's now on all bureaus and I have slowly picked up a card here or there when it would benefit me over the past year or so. I decided I wanted to really crank up the limits and options so I hit a bunch of CLI buttons and decided to pick up some new hardware. So here is the rundown...

CapOne Venture stayed at 12.5k

Amex went from 2k -> 6k

Discover went from 3k -> 3.8k

Barclays Apple went from 1k -> 4.5k

Amazon Store went from 2k -> 5k

Then I picked up...

Lowes 12k SL

Barclays Arrival Plus 7.5k SL

Chase Freedom Unlimited 7k SL

Chase Saphire Prefered 14k SL 

I think I am done for now. But if I get the itch I might grab the Quicksilver unless there are other suggestions. 

I could not have done it without this board and all the information I was able to find. You guys are awesome. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: What a run...

Awesome run indeed. When was last time you apped a card before this spree? 5/24 and allSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok so I have been working on my credit for a while now, I was really dumb in college and let a few things just slide that came back to bite me bad later on. Got married and when we tried to purchase a house my credit was mid 400's because the only accounts I ever held in my name were baddies. Yes, I was very nieve about how it would effect me when I was younger. Fast forward to 5 years later, I am in the mid 700's now on all bureaus and I have slowly picked up a card here or there when it would benefit me over the past year or so. I decided I wanted to really crank up the limits and options so I hit a bunch of CLI buttons and decided to pick up some new hardware. So here is the rundown...

CapOne Venture stayed at 12.5k

Amex went from 2k -> 6k

Discover went from 3k -> 3.8k

Barclays Apple went from 1k -> 4.5k

Amazon Store went from 2k -> 5k

Then I picked up...

Lowes 12k SL

Barclays Arrival Plus 7.5k SL

Chase Freedom Unlimited 7k SL

Chase Saphire Prefered 14k SL 

I think I am done for now. But if I get the itch I might grab the Quicksilver unless there are other suggestions. 

I could not have done it without this board and all the information I was able to find. You guys are awesome. 

Congrats on all approvals!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@

Message 4 of 13
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Congratulations! You must be exhausted!

Robot LOL

Message 5 of 13
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Congrats!

I suggest the amex magnet over the quicksilver. Its a SP vs 3 HP. Amex will probably give you a nice limit too. 

Check if you are preaproved for the magnet

Find magnet card

Click apply now

If it says you are preaaproved, it'll only be a SP.

2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Awesome approval run!

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approvals and nice CLI

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I concur with @601fkyguy, if you’re yearning for a 1.5% back card. There’s a signup bonus too. Is that to diversify or raise you CL? I imagine you’ll get more from the Freedom Unlimited (beyond the sign-up bonus) + Sapphire pairing.

Congrats on the increases and spree.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the nice run!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.