cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are some good cards from Synchrony? Are they inquiry sensitive?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are some good cards from Synchrony? Are they inquiry sensitive?

I hate to see my currently squeaky clean TU file go to waste, and since I already grabbed the Sallie Mae this month I figured I might go ahead and get something else so the INQ's age off at about the same time. I know about Lowes, and I'm thinking about it for the possibility of a big limit. What other cards do they offer that might be worth getting? How are they with inquiries? I currently have 5 on TU, two of which are at and over a year old - but three are in the last three months.

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What are some good cards from Synchrony? Are they inquiry sensitive?

5 inqs are nothing.

Lowes, CareCredit, Walmart, Sams Club, Chevron/Texaco VISA ... those are my favorites.  They also do the Mobile cards although I don't have one; I have the CarCare One card that also works at Mobil/Exxon stations.

There are VISA versions of alot of their store cards like Old Navy, TJMaxx, Gap, etc

Pretty much all of their cards can grow over 5K (both store card and VISA versions).

Message 2 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, keep in my mind, they don't always use TU although most of the time they will. My Lowes was EX. YMMV.
Message 3 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I hate to see my currently squeaky clean TU file go to waste, and since I already grabbed the Sallie Mae this month I figured I might go ahead and get something else so the INQ's age off at about the same time. I know about Lowes, and I'm thinking about it for the possibility of a big limit. What other cards do they offer that might be worth getting? How are they with inquiries? I currently have 5 on TU, two of which are at and over a year old - but three are in the last three months.

Sam's Club MC.

Message 4 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Also, keep in my mind, they don't always use TU although most of the time they will. My Lowes was EX. YMMV.

It's a small sample, but here in the People's Republic of Washington State, all Lowes in credit pulls database were TU.

Message 5 of 37
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

I like the Ebay MC.........I also have the Ebates Visa Siggy.........I am up to 7.5K on each started @ 5K < 1 year ago.    My Sams Club MC is my highest Synchrony Bank card @ 10K.

Message 6 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sam's Club MC.

OOH! That one looks like it has decent rewards!

Message 7 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Road block. The Sam's Club card requires membership. Don't have one, and don't want one.

Message 8 of 37
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

EBates is my vote. Great card.
Message 9 of 37
Sharingan
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the JCP MC, Walmart MC, and Sam's Club MC and I enjoy having all of them. My TU report is almost never pulled by any bank other than Synchrony and Barclays, so I can't comment on their sensitivity to inquiries because that's never been a problem. I don't shop at Lowe's, but I hear it's a good card as well. 

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.