Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with Lowe’s/Synchrony

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is going on with Lowe’s/Synchrony

I got a Lowe’s card in December and it was only 2k. I tried to increase the limit but they turned me down at activation. About 6 weeks ago I logged on and requested increase to 10k. Immediate increase no HP.

Tonight I wanted to see if I could get more. Asked For 25k approved immediate.

I meant to put in 35k but hit 25 so I hit the back button and put in 35k. Approved.

Mistake? Will the CLI stick?

Thoughts.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Re: What is going on with Lowe’s/Synchrony

@Anonymous wrote:
I got a Lowe’s card in December and it was only 2k. I tried to increase the limit but they turned me down at activation. About 6 weeks ago I logged on and requested increase to 10k. Immediate increase no HP.

I meant to put in 35k but hit 25 so I hit the back button and put in 35k. Approved.

Thoughts.

Usually anything over 25k requires POI.

The YMMV rule may have gifted you a Unicorn!

Congrats!

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thoughts.

Congrats, OP! I am sure the CLI will stick. Synchrony most likely soft-pulled your credit report to increase your credit line. Besides, the Lowes department at Synchrony Bank probably understands that most consumers need a large limit to finance large projects. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I say reject that cli, what gall they haveSmiley Wink

Hey Woodyman, I believe its anything over 35k that needs POISmiley Happy
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I say reject that cli, what gall they haveSmiley Wink

Hey Woodyman, I believe its anything over 35k that needs POISmiley Happy

+1

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I am very happy with the 35k. I just have never had 2 CLI within minutes of each other. They must have a max you are eligible for and subsequent CLI requests don’t count.

I tried my amazon account and was denied so I still sit at 6k there.
Message 6 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah, if you had left anything on table you can often hit the button again. Dont worry about Amazon, that's a different beastSmiley Wink. A little harder to grow than Lowes.
Message 7 of 13
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

My Lowe’s is also $35k. Amazon stuck at $12k. No POI ever needed.
Message 8 of 13
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the very generous bump!  Enjoy!

Message 9 of 13
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the killer CLI! Pulled a 2k to 10k to 25k to 35k! That’s a 17x increase! *faints*

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.