Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why oh why did I do it?? (Overstock)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why oh why did I do it?? (Overstock)

I decided to try one SCT with Overstock. I was approved for $2500, but it was a HP with Experian Smiley Sad. I didn't want any more HPs. Oh well! It is what it is. LOL
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why oh why did I do it?? (Overstock)

I feel your pain!  I was actually buying a piece of furniture that I could readily have put on a different card but I fell prey to the "what the heck, why not" mentality and now have a $2500 limit with them.  I guess the 12 month free financing was probably what made it worthwhile, although if I had been paying interest I would have paid it off in 2-3 months anyway and been done with it.  Now I'll be reminded for the next 10 months that I bought the kiddo a couch while I make the remaining payments. 

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I decided to try one SCT with Overstock. I was approved for $2500, but it was a HP with Experian Smiley Sad. I didn't want any more HPs. Oh well! It is what it is. LOL

Well, i least you have more CL.

This is why i don't use the SCT, i keep seeing people getting excited for getting over 5 cards with SCT then HPs shows later.  No bueno!!

If you will be using it, then i least you have it now Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sry, been here a little while, but what is SCT?

Thanks

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is the "shopping cart trick" where you go to a website, place items in your cart, and when you go to oay it should offer you a chance to apply fir their store card. Normally they only request the last 4 of your SSN, but Overstock asked for the whole SSN. I gave it as another site les me to believe that it would still probably be a soft pull. Live and learn. 😁
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sry, been here a little while, but what is SCT?

Thanks

SCT is shopping cart trick - When an ad comes up at the check out telling you to get their store card, you only enter the last 4 of your SSN and end up getting the card with a SP (soft pull).  A lot of times, those SPs turn into HPs (hard pulls) which affect your credit for 2 rs.

What is SCT http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/What-is-the-trick-to-SCT/m-p/4324328#M94327

MyFico Abbreviations http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Common-Abbreviations/td-p/88458

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah ok,thanks very much.

Message 7 of 12
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Yep.

I got a HP as well going through the SCT

At least they started me with a hefty $350 SL Smiley Surprised
Message 8 of 12
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

The HP hurts a lot less than the new account.

A HP here and there doesn't mean much at all.

Message 9 of 12
Caleb87
New Contributor

So i got the pre approval for overstock so now i wonder... Do i have to complete the purchase on order to get the card? If i hit accpt does it automatically complete the purchase?
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.