Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wife approved for Quicksilver

tag
Horseshoez
Valued Contributor

Wife approved for Quicksilver

My wife and I are both recovering from separate bankruptcies; when her business failed roughly at the same time as I found out my, now former, business partner had opened up five lines of credit in my name and heaped over $150,000 of debt on those lines, the financial stress was so much we temporarily separated.  While separated, she filed Chapter 7 and I filed a Chapter 13; hers discharged in 2014 and mine in 2020, so we're both in "rebuild" mode.

While we were still separated, she started rebuilding with a couple of sub-prime lenders and a bunch of store cards, and I didn't know enough to advise any different.  Starting last year when I started my own rebuild process, I made a few out of the gate screw-ups (trying to sprint instead of going out for a marathon), and then I got serious and started studying and doing things the right way.  Even though my wife's credit scores are slightly above mine, had she stayed the course with her current lenders, I would probably have passed her pretty quickly, so, seeing my success, she asked if I'd give her a few pointers on getting back on track.  Job 1 in my mind was to find a replacement for and then to kill of her Merrick credit card, which in turn led me to see if I could leverage a recent CapitalOne referral offer of $100 for each successful referral.

Yesterday I generated the referral link and sent it to her; she applied and was instantly approved for a Quicksilver card with a $5,000 starting limit.  Not too shabby, she'll get the $200 sign up bonus and I'll get the $100 referral fee; that should make for a few nice dinners out.  Smiley Happy

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Wife approved for Quicksilver

Congratulations to DW!

Message 2 of 16
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on the approval and SUBs!

Message 3 of 16
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on DW Capital One QS approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 4 of 16
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Congrats - nice use of referral signups!

Message 5 of 16
KatSoDak
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on new card for your DW!  Its wonderful that your marriage survived the financial storm. 

FICO 8:

EQ FICO 9 - 770
EX FICO 9 - 758

Citi (2) | Discover | HSBC | BOA | NFCU (2) | WF (2) | Simmons Bank | FNBO (2) | PENFED | BBVA | US Bank | Lowes | Care Credit | Home Depot AU
Message 6 of 16
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congratulations

Message 7 of 16
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on DW approval!
Message 8 of 16
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!  Congratulations to DW on her approval!! 🎉🥂

Message 9 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to your wife on her QS approval Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.