cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wife got approved for NFCU CashRewards card for $4700!

tag
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

Wife got approved for NFCU CashRewards card for $4700!

Wife is in serious rebuilding credit mode and received a mailer inviting her to apply for the Cash Rewards card.  She was reluctant to do it because her FICO score is like 514 but after reading here I told her, just got for it.  She was instantly approved for $4700!  She applied on her own without my income.  She makes about $70K a year.  I was very surprised because my scores were in the mid to high 600's and I was approved for only $2900 and make $110K.  This is a good start for her.  She has about 6 medical collections that are now paid off so I'll have to help her get rid of those somehow if it's possible.

I'm thinking thought that she received a better starting credit line because she's been a member of the credit union since she was five years old (dad was in the navy) and my account was brand new. I am going to try and help her manage this one so we can both start raising our scores.  I also had her apply for the CLOC as well and requested 15K.  

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Wife got approved for NFCU CashRewards card for $4700!

Wow that's absolutely amazing for her, Navy fed is very generous but they all are all over place as far as approvals go lol o don't get thier logic sometimes . But I'm very glad your wife got a fresh start like that .
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to your wife!! That is wonderful for her!

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome!! Congrats I love nfcu now I'm a member of like three other credit unions. I just got my wife in with them she had to rely on my income but she's a stay at home mom she works way harder than me lol PM me about getting those removed if you want I'll share my experience
Message 4 of 11
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

Sent you a pm! Thanks!
Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is fantastic! Congratulations!

Message 6 of 11
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

Just wanted to update that my wife just got approved for a cli.  $4700--->$18000!!!

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow super congratulations, nice job!
Message 8 of 11
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

Thanks.  Slowly rebuilding her credit too.  Right now she has the Cash Rewards with a $18,000 CL and $300 balance.  She just received a Nordstrom store card for $300.

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats sdsoccerdad to DW on her Nordstrom cc! If you don't mind me asking would you mind sharing your DW data points on her NFCU CLI? Thank you in advance! 😊
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.