cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get approved for the AMEX Blue Cash Everyday Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will I get approved for the AMEX Blue Cash Everyday Card?

Hello, This is my first question posted to this site.

I recently applied for both the AMEX Green Card and the day after, the AMEX BCE Card.

I was approved for the Green card pretty instantly. I had checked the application status on the AMEX status check online, and saw it was a approved, and the nex morning (The morning of my BCE application) that I was approved.Smiley Happy I however, thought that it might be nice to have a revolving card, and the BCE looked like it had a lot of rewards and good ratings, so I went for it.

I however, didnt see a instant approval on the online app status, so I called in.

They said they had a problem with my Identity, and that they wanted to make sure that I applied for the cards instead of someone else.

The lady on the phone confirmed that it was me, and said she would have the decison soon on the phone, but then she had a computer problem and said she would call me back in an hour and tell me the decision.

2 hours pass, and I decide to call AMEX again, this time they said there was a 7-10 wait to look over the application and they would have a decison by then. I said thank you and hung up the phone and decided to call again an hour later.

I was somehow transfered to the anti fraud team, or something like that. They said that I would have to wait for about 5 days until I get my decison, because I applied for 2 cards within 5 days of each other. They said they didnt want to double pull my credit on the same day, and would have to wait the 5 days, and said for me to call back then.

My FICO Score: 688 (after the hard inquiry from the green card app)

Income: around 37,000

19 years old

Im currently attending college, Ive had student loans for more than a year now, maybe 1 year and 2 months

I have a Discover IT card with a 500 CL for about 2 months.

Nothing bad on my record.

Do you think I have a chance of being approved?

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will I get approved for the AMEX Blue Cash Everyday Card?

If you read this thread and follow what it says, you'll have your answer in about 10 minutes time.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Credit-Pulls-Database-before-you-app/td-p/4...

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the database info.

I checked the Credit Pulls Database, It looks like the card is within my abilites, I dont see many that were denyed with my score or around it. Some of the approves are thin file( same as me) with a lower credit score (Experian) than me but I am just afraid however that since I applied for the Green card that it may hurt my chances of getting the BCE.

In your honest opinion, what do you think of my odds?

also with my Discover IT only being 2 months old, is that too many card openings for AMEX?

Message 3 of 13
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, This is my first question posted to this site.

I recently applied for both the AMEX Green Card and the day after, the AMEX BCE Card.

I was approved for the Green card pretty instantly. I had checked the application status on the AMEX status check online, and saw it was a approved, and the nex morning (The morning of my BCE application) that I was approved.Smiley Happy I however, thought that it might be nice to have a revolving card, and the BCE looked like it had a lot of rewards and good ratings, so I went for it.

I however, didnt see a instant approval on the online app status, so I called in.

They said they had a problem with my Identity, and that they wanted to make sure that I applied for the cards instead of someone else.

The lady on the phone confirmed that it was me, and said she would have the decison soon on the phone, but then she had a computer problem and said she would call me back in an hour and tell me the decision.

2 hours pass, and I decide to call AMEX again, this time they said there was a 7-10 wait to look over the application and they would have a decison by then. I said thank you and hung up the phone and decided to call again an hour later.

I was somehow transfered to the anti fraud team, or something like that. They said that I would have to wait for about 5 days until I get my decison, because I applied for 2 cards within 5 days of each other. They said they didnt want to double pull my credit on the same day, and would have to wait the 5 days, and said for me to call back then.

My FICO Score: 688 (after the hard inquiry from the green card app)

Income: around 37,000

19 years old

Im currently attending college, Ive had student loans for more than a year now, maybe 1 year and 2 months

I have a Discover IT card with a 500 CL for about 2 months.

Nothing bad on my record.

Do you think I have a chance of being approved?

I'd say that you are probably going to get approved. The second app will be pending for up to 14 days, for fraud prevention. It wasn't an instant delial, so, based on my personal experience, in a similar situation, with similar scores, it will more than likely be an approval. Just sit back, pull up a chair.. roast some marshmallows.. and wait.. Smiley Happy

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 13
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

I'm thinking..$1k SL..

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Message 5 of 13
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

I was in a very similar situation to you when I was instantly approved 6 months ago. I had a single card with a $550 limit through my bank and felt it was time to improve my credit profile. Now, I only make half your stated income, but likely offset it with a higher credit score. I think you definitely have a shot at getting this card, and honestlyI, I'd be rather surprised if they didn't approve you. 

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Faceaust@

Welcome,and CONGRATS on new AMEX approval!!!

Same happen to me ...when I went for BCE/AMEX ED (same day app)

I say GD with a possible 3k+ SL approved!!!

LOL I never checked if if it was a single pull or not I was jus happy they approved for 2 revolvers in same day😆
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted to say thank you to all who gave me advice. It was definitely helpful for me to remain calm.

However, I could not contain my self earlier this morning, and so I called AMEX on my application status. What alerted me that they most likley hard pulled my credit, was I saw my credit score fall a couple points.

So, I called and a nice lady answer, confirmed my identity, and said they have a decision in just a few seconds.

A few seconds later she said I was approved! Smiley Happy

Then she said that she was going to give my CL of 10,000!!

I just about had a heart attack hearing what she said. I said, ok thank you and we said our dues and ended the conversation but, before the end of the conversation she quickly said my card will be expidited to me in 2 to 3 days! It'll probably get to me before my green card! Lol

Wow is all I can say.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

😃<______!!!!! NOIIICE!!!!!_______>😃

@Anonymous wrote:
I wanted to say thank you to all who gave me advice. It was definitely helpful for me to remain calm.

However, I could not contain my self earlier this morning, and so I called AMEX on my application status. What alerted me that they most likley hard pulled my credit, was I saw my credit score fall a couple points.

So, I called and a nice lady answer, confirmed my identity, and said they have a decision in just a few seconds.

A few seconds later she said I was approved! Smiley Happy

Then she said that she was going to give my CL of 10,000!!

I just about had a heart attack hearing what she said. I said, ok thank you and we said our dues and ended the conversation but, before the end of the conversation she quickly said my card will be expidited to me in 2 to 3 days! It'll probably get to me before my green card! Lol

Wow is all I can say.

😃<______!!!!! NOIIICE!!!!!_______>😃

Message 9 of 13
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your AMEX BCE approval!!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.