cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get approved for the Chase Sapphire Preferred?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will I get approved for the Chase Sapphire Preferred?

Hello,

This will be the second post to this forum.

I recently applied for the Chase Sapphire Preferred card, I got the not automatically approved message.

So, I called the application status line from chase, and it said they would contact me by written letter in 30 days to give me their decision. 1 800 436 7927

I found a number for a person to tell me the application status. I belive it was 1 888 537 5503.

The man on the telephone gathered my information as who I was, and said that the Chase fraud team was needing to verify me. He gave me a number 877 470 9042 and said to call 8am to 8pm Monday - Friday. (I applied sunday)

My FICO score is: 697 (at least that is what discover says)

Ive had student loan for about 15 months or so now.

I have a Discover IT for 3 months or so.

I recently earlier this month applied for the AMEX Green card, and was accepted, and have had it for a little less than a month.Smiley Happy

I also recently applied and was accepted for the AMEX Blue Cash Everyday Card, and have had it for a little less than a month.Smiley Happy

Annual Income: 37,000

Nothing bad on my record.

Do you think I have a chance of being approved?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Will I get approved for the Chase Sapphire Preferred?

Sounds like that want to verify ID at this point.  Still 50/50 but, the 30 day wait is usually a good indicator when it comes to chase vs the 7-10 that usually results in a denial.  Just hold out and call them Monday during their hours and see what happens after answering the questions and possibly sending them an ID/Bill to verify name/address.  Looking at your other recent approvals though I'd put higher odds on it being approved after calling.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.