Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Williams-Sonoma SCT Data

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Williams-Sonoma SCT Data

I have had an interesting experience with the Williams-Sonoma website, that I thought I would share.

I had been shopping for a couple of higher end countertop electrics and ended up at the Williams-Sonoma website. They had a pretty significant sale going on and the savings was about 25%. I put both items in my cart and added a couple smaller things. I liked the fact that shipping was free, as one item weighed 50 pounds. My total purchase was $800.

After entering my delivery address, I got the credit card pop-up which I have had several times in the past, which always said 'preapproved for store card or Visa etc'. I didn't want to chance a HP for a store card so I always passed. This time, the pop-up said 'preapproved for the Visa (no store card offer) and it gave me the usual additional 20% off for purchases made that day with the card.  I opened another window to search MyFico to do some research on the offer and when I went back to the WS tab, the offer timed out (I'd never seen that before). I decided that I wanted to pull the trigger but couldn't get the offer to pop-up again. Went incognito, and the offer was there, so I accepted. 

$5K SL Visa Siggy, I was happy because it saved me an additional $160. on the order. In my email a couple of hours later, there was a message from WS saying I had left things in my cart and offered me 25% off to complete the order. So, if I'd used that offer, I would have saved an additional $40. which may not be a lot to some, but hey, it's my money lol! I sent a message to customer service and explained the situation. 24 hours later, they graciously applied an account credit for the additional 5%. 

The card might not be for everyone but on an $800 purchase (would have been $1040+ elsewhere), I got $200 off with the 25% offer, plus a $20 WS gift card for opening the account, a $25 gift card for spending $500 and I'll get my annual $25 birthday gift card next month. 

The strangest part of the entire experience, is that after 3 weeks, still no HP on any of my three reports, just a SP on Equifax. I have the card in hand and am still waiting for the dreaded HP notification, but so far nada. Comenity HP'd me for my SPGV last summer and I fully expected the HP for this Visa product. If it shows up, I'll report back. But until then, I'm loving my new kitchen gear...steaks are on me tonight guys, come on over!!

Smiley HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Happy

Chapter 7: Discharged November 2015
Total Revolving Credit Lines January 2016: $2600
Total Revolving Credit Lines January 2017: $138K
11/15 Fico 8: EQ-585, TU-550, EX- 551
01/17 Fico 8: EQ-695, TU-703, EX-673

03/17 Fico 8: EQ-694, TU-710, EX-678
Advantis CU Siggy Visa $25K, NFCU Cash Rewards Visa $4600> $22K, NFCU CLOC $15K, NFCU Go Rewards Visa $5,500, PenFed Promise Visa $10,500, PenFed Platinum Rewards Siggy Visa $5500, SPGVisa $4,500>$5250, Cap One Platinum $2K>$4K>$8K, Good Sam Visa $1800>$3300, Discover $1800>$2K>$2300>$2600, Lowe's $6K>$17K, Overstock $7K>$7300>$7700, Evine $1K>$5K>$6K, HSN $3750, PenFed Thrifty $500, Barclay's Hawaiian Airlines WEMC $2K, Williams-Sonoma Siggy Visa $5K. That's right...Credit One Visa is G-O-N-E!

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Williams-Sonoma SCT Data

Congrats on your new card and all that money you saved, all shopping experiences should end so well Smiley Very Happy, Thanks for sharing. 

Message 2 of 39
UncleB
Credit Mentor

IMO this is an excellent example of when it's worth it to get a store card!  Smiley Very Happy

Congrats on your new card!  screamer.gif

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Toast-Fireworks-Gif.gif

Message 3 of 39
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats that's awesome WadeDalton 😊
Message 4 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks credit guy and Aduke!

@ UncleB, I agree. I have avoided store cards, as the offers are pretty lackluster. Some of the best MyFico advice I have ever read, was NOT to get store cards that I normally wouldn't use. Even though I do shop at WS quite often, I still didn't want to take the plunge on the store card but the Visa offer was a no-brainer for me.

However, if Johnnie Walker or Glenmorangie ever offer a store/distillery card, I might have to be first in line to grab it lol!!

Happy Friday Eve all!!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 39
jc2
Regular Contributor

Congrats on The new Card! I notice Advantis CU in your Sig. I am not familiar with them. Can you please provide some data points?? Thank you Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 39
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I agree UncleB, especially when WE get free steaks, be right over WadeSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just come on through the gate to the backyard AJC...the grill is ready!

Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jc2, I have been meaning to post the data on Advantis. Thanks for the reminder!! Smiley Very Happy

They are a local CU here in Oregon and here's the link to my data points in ballers CU Guide.

http://bit.ly/2lzp9k4

If you are local, I can't say enough great things about them. If you're not local, perhaps it's worth a move to Oregon lol!

Message 9 of 39
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats !!

For me, this is one of those "Id love to have this card but there is another card I want first":  Im on their mailing list and have placed a couple orders but no popup for me. I dont know if Id pull the trigger like you did, but Id be darn tempted

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.